Author Topic: 'Collusion' Collapses: Dem Congressional Espionage Ring Takes Center Ring  (Read 1043 times)

rangerrebew

July 30, 2017
'Collusion' Collapses: Dem Congressional Espionage Ring Takes Center Ring
By Clarice Feldman

In truth, the Russians “colluded” through GPS Fusion to harm, not help, Trump and the evidence of that is coming out. It’s time to repeal the Special Counsel law which has now been used twice to hamstring two Republican Presidents, has dubious constitutional authority, and will never result in the indictment of a prominent Democratic politician.

Under the Constitution there are three ways to deal with official corruption: the ballot box, impeachment, or criminal prosecution. Instead, in recent years we have tried two different means: the Independent Counsel law, now lapsed, and the Special Counsel law.  Pepperdine Law Professor Douglas M. Kmiec explains the difference and argues that the features of the independent counsel, which the Supreme Court held constitutional, and the special counsel law that has not been challenged, are different, notably that the absence of outside supervision of the prosecutor and failure in both instances of the application of the Special Counsel act -- the Plame case, and the Russian interference case now under Mueller -- lack what the Court called a necessary predicate for such an investigation: a finding by the attorney general that there is reason to believe that a crime has occurred. That did not occur in the “collusion” investigation. In the Plame case, as I show, the major figures all knew there was no crime before they began the investigation.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2017/07/collusion_collapses_dem_congressional_espionage_ring_takes_center_ring.html#ixzz4oJQD14Y0
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

Offline endicom

Clarice sorts out the lambs.

Good post.

Online Right_in_Virginia

This is a very long article ... and well worth the read.  But, because it's a sunny Sunday in July, I hope I'll be permitted to post the summary questions--- (thanks)

Should the press decide it’s past time to sit around promoting GPS Fusion smears and do some work?

1. Who coordinated the hiring of the Awan brothers by dozens of Democratic Congressman?

2. Why were they so grossly overcompensated (millions of dollars) for no work?

3. Were they kicking back money to the Democrats, doing “dirty” work for them, or blackmailing them?

4. Why did Wasserman-Schultz keep the Capitol Police from searching her laptop they had confiscated from Imran Awan?

5. Why did Wasserman-Schultz keep him on her payroll after the Capitol Police further barred him and his brothers from accessing Congressional computers?

6. Why did the Iraqi fugitive and Hizb'allah supporter Dr. Ali-al Attar “lend” them $100,000?

7. Who is paying Chris Gowan, a Clinton insider, to represent Imran Awan?

8. Why did the Awan brothers continue to have security clearances when they had declared several bankruptcies and were engaged in financial misdealing?

Buckle your seatbelts. Draining the swamp is going to create a lot of waves.

http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2017/07/collusion_collapses_dem_congressional_espionage_ring_takes_center_ring.html

I'd add a #9 to this list:  Why was Awan's wife permitted to leave the country?    http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,274045.0.html

Online Right_in_Virginia

Divert! Divert! Divert!

Offline endicom

Divert! Divert! Divert!

She's chutzpah in heels.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Clarice sorts out the lambs.

Good post.

My gut is telling me that if this ever gets any real traction a lot of democrats will be scurrying for the exits!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Has the dimocrap scandal actually taken center ring? There is no coverage on the networks. It certainly should be at the top of the news. So many questions. **nononono*
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Has the dimocrap scandal actually taken center ring? There is no coverage on the networks. It certainly should be at the top of the news. So many questions. **nononono*

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/07/29/liberal-news-outlets-work-overtime-to-hide-huge-democratic-scandal-and-more-crazy-media-misses-this-week.html
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline endicom

My gut is telling me that if this ever gets any real traction a lot of democrats will be scurrying for the exits!

That should be so but I've yet to see it.

Online dfwgator

Will never happen because the MSM has their back.

Online Right_in_Virginia

Maybe .... but the President has Twitter.   ^-^

@dfwgator

Offline SunkenCiv

• This is SunkenCiv.
  • I'm Junger than that now.
    • Gods, Graves, Glyphs (we're new)
In truth, the Russians “colluded” through GPS Fusion to harm, not help, Trump and the evidence of that is coming out. It’s time to repeal the Special Counsel law which has now been used twice to hamstring two Republican Presidents, has dubious constitutional authority, and will never result in the indictment of a prominent Democratic politician.
Bravo!
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Gods, Graves, Glyphs forum (we're new) Darwin Central (posting as Ned Ludlam) my FR posts, SunkenCiv?, FR topic by nuconvert

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

There's another issue too - if true.  It may be that one of the original R candidates commissioned this dossier and then decided that it was too outlandish to use.  Of course, there is no bar too low for dems to dig under, so they went ahead and used it.  But, if it is true that a republican was involved at the beginning the MSM/Dems will make sure that is the prominent point made.  Which means republicans wouldn't want this information out either.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
There's another issue too - if true.  It may be that one of the original R candidates commissioned this dossier and then decided that it was too outlandish to use.  Of course, there is no bar too low for dems to dig under, so they went ahead and used it.  But, if it is true that a republican was involved at the beginning the MSM/Dems will make sure that is the prominent point made.  Which means republicans wouldn't want this information out either.

Can't seem to find the name of the R candidate, or the wealthy financier funding it either.  In any event, when said candidate dropped out, Hillary's side continued the "research," aka fabrication/smear.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Can't seem to find the name of the R candidate, or the wealthy financier funding it either.  In any event, when said candidate dropped out, Hillary's side continued the "research," aka fabrication/smear.

Exactly.  I have my suspicions, but that's all they are at this point.