Author Topic: Michigan: Lawyers for Muslim doctors charged with performing FGM to use religious freedom as defense  (Read 974 times)

rangerrebew

Michigan: Lawyers for Muslim doctors charged with performing FGM to use religious freedom as defense

July 28, 2017 8:17 am By Christine Douglass-Williams 47 Comments

Defense lawyers have said they will argue a freedom of religion defense – setting the stage for an explosive test of Americans’ religious rights that experts say could ultimately be settled by the Supreme Court.

As Robert Spencer explained here, Fakhruddin Attar’s lawyer Mary Chartier “apparently she intends to argue that female genital mutilation (contrary to constantly repeated establishment media myth) is justified in Islam, and that therefore Dr. Attar was just exercising his freedom of religion. If that is really what she intends to do, this will become a test case for the spread of Sharia practices in the U.S.: either Muslims will be allowed to violate existing U.S. laws under the rubric of the freedom of religion, or they will be called upon to obey U.S. laws even when those laws conflict with the teachings of Islam. If the court rules for the latter, the U.S. will have a chance to continue to exist as a free society. If the court rules for the former, it will be opening the door to all manner of jihad activity and Sharia practices that violate laws regarding equality of rights and equality of access to services, and no one will be able to say a word against the spread of Sharia in the U.S.”

https://www.jihadwatch.org/2017/07/michigan-lawyers-for-muslim-doctors-charged-with-performing-fgm-to-use-religious-freedom-as-defense

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
This could become an important test case.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
It might work actually; they can call in all kinds of "expert" witnesses.

Wingnut

This could become an important test case.

In Jazzyheads world if the Moslum butchers lose this case using the freedom of religion argument.... then Circumcision must also be banned.

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
The polygamists and a whole bunch of others are probably popping the popcorn right now...
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline Suppressed

In Jazzyheads world if the Moslum butchers lose this case using the freedom of religion argument.... then Circumcision must also be banned.

Actually, this case involves circumcision. It was female circumcision...removing the female prepuce similar to how a male's is removed in male circumcision (except it's a bit more major with a male than this case).
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
It's my understanding Muslims and Jews circumcise males for religious reasons. I think it goes back to Abraham.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Suppressed

It's my understanding Muslims and Jews circumcise males for religious reasons.

Likewise for female circumcision for Muslims... it's one of the Sunnahs of the fitrah (obligation of cleanliness).
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn