Author Topic: Marine Corps KC-130Ts grounded until further notice  (Read 406 times)

rangerrebew

Marine Corps KC-130Ts grounded until further notice
« on: July 29, 2017, 08:31:16 am »
Marine Corps KC-130Ts grounded until further notice
By: Valerie Insinna   1 day ago

WASHINGTON — The Marine Corps has grounded its fleet of KC-130Ts “out of an abundance of caution” following the events of the deadly crash earlier this month, the service has confirmed to Defense News.

The grounding affects 12 aircraft total, all operated by Marine Forces Reserve, said spokeswoman Lt. Stephanie Leguizamon.

http://www.militarytimes.com/breaking-news/2017/07/27/marine-corps-kc-130ts-grounded-until-further-notice/
« Last Edit: July 29, 2017, 08:31:36 am by rangerrebew »

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
Re: Marine Corps KC-130Ts grounded until further notice
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2017, 12:08:44 am »
Looks like the Accident or Safety Investigation Boards may have found something...it'll be interesting to see if something went terribly wrong with that one engine that was found away from the main crash site.  I'm thinking it may have done some catastrophic damage when it was tearing itself off the wing.

As an aside, something I learned in a mishap investigation course I took while in the AF is that ~90% of all aircraft incidents are related to maintenance.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.