Author Topic: BREAKING NEWS: REINCE PRIEBUS GONE! Trump Tweets Replacement  (Read 12168 times)

Offline dfwgator

Re: BREAKING NEWS: REINCE PRIEBUS GONE! Trump Tweets Replacement
« Reply #100 on: July 29, 2017, 01:05:07 am »
I called making Reince Priebus cheif of staff a monumental mistake on day one and see no reason to alter that. Glad he's gone and hope that the ship can still be righted.

There had to be some Quid Pro Quo involved.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #101 on: July 29, 2017, 01:12:50 am »
I called making Reince Priebus cheif of staff a monumental mistake on day one and see no reason to alter that. Glad he's gone and hope that the ship can still be righted.

As long as trump is the captain the ship will not be righted.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #102 on: July 29, 2017, 01:24:32 am »

Right the Trumptanic?  Uhhhhhhhh....... okay.

Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #103 on: July 29, 2017, 01:55:00 am »
Absolutely fantastic move.  John Kelly is the complete opposite of everything that is wrong with Washington.  He has no ego, is a direct, no b.s. kind of guy, and will not hesitate to fire anyone who deserves it.  He has no real political allies, enemies, or outside loyalties.  Probably also one of the people most likely to be able to tell Trump uncomfortable truths.  The childish games and infighting will stop.

I know him fairly well, and really could not be more impressed with the pick.  And he'd be much better in that role than would be someone like Mattis.

Glad to hear it MBM.
The Republic is lost.

Silver Pines

« Reply #104 on: July 29, 2017, 02:13:46 am »
                                 Another one~over the net!

@corbe

I really, really didn't need to see that. 

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #105 on: July 29, 2017, 02:20:01 am »
Priebus is on Hannity now.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #106 on: July 29, 2017, 02:39:54 am »
Absolutely fantastic move.  John Kelly is the complete opposite of everything that is wrong with Washington.  He has no ego, is a direct, no b.s. kind of guy, and will not hesitate to fire anyone who deserves it.  He has no real political allies, enemies, or outside loyalties.  Probably also one of the people most likely to be able to tell Trump uncomfortable truths.  The childish games and infighting will stop.

I know him fairly well, and really could not be more impressed with the pick.  And he'd be much better in that role than would be someone like Mattis.

Thanks,  I've heard good things about Kelly, something I could not say about Priebus.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #107 on: July 29, 2017, 02:43:24 am »
@CatherineofAragon
Alas, Rinse Platypus, we knew him only too damn well! ;)

Okay, I've seen that twice now and this is the first I've ever heard that Preibus 'rigged' the convention.  I must have missed that.

Offline corbe

« Reply #108 on: July 29, 2017, 02:44:39 am »
Priebus on possible ambassadorship: 'That's not going to happen'

By Julia Manchester - 07/28/17 08:12 PM EDT

Outgoing White House chief of staff Reince Priebus on Friday pushed back on the possibility that he may become the next U.S. ambassador to Greece following his departure from the White House.

"No, that's not going to happen," Priebus told CNN's Wolf Blitzer on "The Situation Room" in his first interview since President Trump announced Friday he would replace him with Homeland Security Secretary John Kelly.

"I think I'm going to take a little vacation, spend sometime with my wife and kids, and enjoy the future, and continue to be supportive," Priebus continued.

The New York Times reported in May that Trump had joked with Priebus, whose mother is of Greek descent, that he would make him the U.S. ambassador to Greece.

Speculation mounted when Priebus requested a list of ambassadors to be compiled and the Greek ambassadorship was left black, according to the Times.

<..snip..>

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/344425-priebus-on-possible-ambassadorship-thats-not-gonna-happen
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #109 on: July 29, 2017, 02:46:34 am »
Okay, I've seen that twice now and this is the first I've ever heard that Preibus 'rigged' the convention.  I must have missed that.

Happened early on in the Rules committee so if you weren't paying attention from day one it would have been easy to miss.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #110 on: July 29, 2017, 02:47:46 am »
Oh yeah? Well why don't you head into DC and give Donny his pink slip. I'll be laughing my ass off while the Secret Service tackles you to the ground and tases you.

Thanks for cracking me up, again.  I am looking for the bonfire and the peasant parade carrying pitchforks.

I've never seen such unrestrained glee over what some people are sure is a fatal move by Trump.

Online DB

« Reply #111 on: July 29, 2017, 02:48:18 am »

As I recall, there was a revolt brewing against Trump aiming for a brokered convention as the convention was getting started and Preibus changed the rules to cut them off.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #112 on: July 29, 2017, 02:51:45 am »
If we are having this same conversation a year from now I would agree.  But I think we all had to expect,   Trump fans and Never-Trumpers alike,  that Trump was going to struggle a bit in his first year, simply because this is his first elected office, and he has to learn the ins and outs of how things work in DC.     Hopefully,  by the end of the year, he'll have a good feel for what works and what doesn't.    Yes, he's making a lot of mistakes,  the question is,   is he learning from them, or will he keep repeating them?    I'm willing to see how it plays out, until the end of the year,   by that time,  if this turmoil is still happening, then we've got a big problem.

Dammit, you're trying to spoil the party.  Please don't come over here trying to make sense.  The NT's are having way too much fun.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #113 on: July 29, 2017, 02:55:58 am »
                                 Another one~over the net!

Corbe !!!!  I thought we were friends.  And then you post that picture.

Offline corbe

« Reply #114 on: July 29, 2017, 02:56:30 am »
Dammit, you're trying to spoil the party.  Please don't come over here trying to make sense.  The NT's are having way too much fun.

Still trying to prove that broken clock theory aren't you @Emjay

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #115 on: July 29, 2017, 02:59:55 am »
You and I must be looking at a different Priebus and I certainly don't see him as a man of conviction.  He was a disaster for the RNC and the GOP.  He was one that helped bolster Trump's career and made a deal to help finagle his nomination.  He's getting what he deserves and I'm glad to see him gone.  I only hope that his political career is over.

Okay, I'm as ready to join the bash party as anyone ... especially if drinks are served ...but how did Preibus make a deal to help finagle Trump's nomination?  I thought he won the required number of delegates in the primaries.

Online DB

« Reply #116 on: July 29, 2017, 03:02:33 am »
Okay, I'm as ready to join the bash party as anyone ... especially if drinks are served ...but how did Preibus make a deal to help finagle Trump's nomination?  I thought he won the required number of delegates in the primaries.

I offered an explanation a few posts up.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #117 on: July 29, 2017, 03:03:54 am »

I'm not trying to prove anything, sweetie.  I'm just in awe at the spectacle. 

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #118 on: July 29, 2017, 03:08:04 am »
I offered an explanation a few posts up.

I wouldn't say the Reince conspired to give Trump the nomination.  He just didn't go along with the efforts to stop the nomination of Trump which would have been a dangerous precedent since Trump had the delegates.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #119 on: July 29, 2017, 03:09:03 am »

How can you all attack a man who's given you so much pleasure today?

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #120 on: July 29, 2017, 03:16:43 am »
I wouldn't say the Reince conspired to give Trump the nomination.  He just didn't go along with the efforts to stop the nomination of Trump which would have been a dangerous precedent since Trump had the delegates.

@Emjay

You might want to read this thread from the point linked to forward.  If you have not participated in a party convention and don't know how things are supposed to work it won't mean much to you.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,215767.150.html

BTW:  Just so you know I spent 40+ years in the Republican party and, among many other things,  served as Parliamentarian at several conventions so I do know the rules.  I left the party over what they did in Cleveland and will not return.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2017, 03:21:26 am by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #121 on: July 29, 2017, 03:29:19 am »

I tend to agree with that statement. However, I have a faint glimmer of hope that Trump realizes he is in way way over his head and hiring on guys like Mattis and Kelly will at least keep the Ship of State from running aground....

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #122 on: July 29, 2017, 03:39:33 am »

The good news is that we know who the next guy to take the blame is.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2017, 03:39:59 am by Cripplecreek »

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #123 on: July 29, 2017, 03:45:38 am »
This is a quote from Politico.  I'd forgotten all this.  Apparently, Preibus was a pretty good chairman until the Trumpster came along.

"It has been a surprising final chapter for the longest-serving RNC chairman in history.

In six years, Priebus erased a $24 million budget deficit, made huge investments in data, minority outreach and voter-registration efforts in swing states and is routinely hailed as one of the best fundraisers ever to lead the party, having hauled in nearly $850 million in five years. He could rightly be compared to some of the party’s most successful chairmen — from Leonard Hall, who first saw the possibility of the country’s growing suburbs in the Eisenhower years, to Ray Bliss, who rebuilt the party after Barry Goldwater’s 1964 wipeout.

But Trump’s unexpected rise last fall presented Priebus with a choice: continue to fight for the vision of the more modern, inclusive GOP he had laid out three years earlier or finish out his third and likely final term as, in the words of Bill Kristol, an “obedient, compliant apparatchik willing to subordinate a grand old party to a new strongman.”

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #124 on: July 29, 2017, 09:57:42 am »
Trump's not a CEO anymore.

He's my employee.

I set the agenda, along with all the other employers (voters) that have him as an employee.

Actually no, voters hired Trump to set the agenda
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.