Author Topic: Conservative Woman Publicly Humiliates Trump  (Read 7081 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Conservative Woman Publicly Humiliates Trump
« on: July 28, 2017, 05:20:07 am »
Conservative Woman Publicly Humiliates Trump

By Rod Dreher • July 27, 2017, 11:01 PM

I don’t know that I have ever read a more devastating takedown of a president than this one by Peggy Noonan, of Donald Trump. She annihilates him, as only a woman could, and as only a fellow New Yorker could. She knows that to liken a New York male like Donald Trump to Woody Allen (without the sense of humor) is about the lowest blow there is. But nearly every line is savage. Excerpts:

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/dreher/peggy-noonan-humiliates-trump/

Original content here but you have to have a Wall Street Subscription and I don‘t.:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-is-woody-allen-without-the-humor-1501193193

If anyone can  find the original story without subscription please post.  It said twitter too but couldn’t find it.

This is where we are now.  The reality of who Donald Trump is.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: Conservative Woman Publicly Humiliates Trump
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2017, 06:24:47 am »
Yawn! What's this woman going to say? Talk about Hitler?
« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 06:25:25 am by TomSea »

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2017, 10:34:40 am »
The original article is behind a paywall so I can't read it.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2017, 11:01:29 am »
Yawn! What's this woman going to say? Talk about Hitler?

The excerpts in the American Conservative article are spot on.  Trump supporters should read it.  Take off the blinders.  Your hero is off the rails.  He is not "winning."

• Technical
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2017, 11:13:19 am »
The excerpts in the American Conservative article are spot on.  Trump supporters should read it.  Take off the blinders.  Your hero is off the rails.  He is not "winning."

Yes I can't read the original article but it seems pretty spot on.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2017, 11:17:28 am »
Slap

• Technical
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2017, 11:21:38 am »
Trump is an indictment of the entire rotten ideology imo. If s true that many conservatives didn't support trump, but a helluva a lot of its biggest figures did.

Trump is the conservatives equivalent to jimmy carter.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2017, 11:54:51 am »
Let me know when Trump marries his step daughter. Until then there is no comparison.

Peggy Noonan is just another NeverTrumper with zero, I say again ZERO credibility when it comes to anything Trump.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2017, 12:00:25 pm »
Now even I have to say this is a completely unfair characterization.  Woody Allen's talkative, nervousness was just a comedic act.  I wouldn't insult Allen this way. Unfair! Sad!

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2017, 12:23:28 pm »
Let me know when Trump marries his step daughter. Until then there is no comparison.

Wow, you're right!  He's even creepier than Woody Allen -- he digs his biological daughter!

“Is it wrong to be more sexually attracted to your own daughter than your wife?”  -- Donald Trump
« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 12:25:57 pm by Suppressed »
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2017, 12:26:38 pm »
There's no better political writer in America today than Peggy Noonan.  There's no better source of great conservative commentary than the Wall Street Journal. 

The WSJ is the one organ that any self-described conservative should be willing to pay for.  I get mine delivered to my doorstep each morning.   Do yourself a favor, folks, and remove the paywall so you can dig the WSJ's style.   It's the voice of conservative reason. 

As for Peggy Noonan,  she's got integrity in buckets.   If folks like her would work for the Administration (as she did for Reagan), a new day would dawn.   WHY OH WHY IS TRUMP BLOWING IT?     
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline skeeter

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2017, 12:41:18 pm »
There's no better political writer in America today than Peggy Noonan.  There's no better source of great conservative commentary than the Wall Street Journal. 

The WSJ is the one organ that any self-described conservative should be willing to pay for.  I get mine delivered to my doorstep each morning.   Do yourself a favor, folks, and remove the paywall so you can dig the WSJ's style.   It's the voice of conservative reason. 

As for Peggy Noonan,  she's got integrity in buckets.   If folks like her would work for the Administration (as she did for Reagan), a new day would dawn.   WHY OH WHY IS TRUMP BLOWING IT?     

I haven't read the article 'cause I won't subscribe. Maybe its spot on, maybe not.

But I differ completely on your opinion of the WSJ - what you say may have been true 30 years ago when Vermont Royster was the editor emeritus. Since its become no more 'conservative' than the CSM or USA Today.

As for Noonan, credibility in buckets? Remember how she crowed about Barack Obama in 2008? "Fresh new face" and all. Please.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 12:42:16 pm by skeeter »

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2017, 12:47:55 pm »
Read the WSJ, skeeter.  Their editorial and commentary pages are the finest conservative voices in the country.  Not 30 years ago.  Now.   But since you won't subscribe I have to ask -  why the willful ignorance?   

Oceander

« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2017, 12:50:03 pm »

There are better than Noonan, but I agree in general that the WSJ is worth reading, although I do get tired of paying for the space that is wasted by the obligatory token liberals.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2017, 12:54:13 pm »
Read the WSJ, skeeter.  Their editorial and commentary pages are the finest conservative voices in the country.  Not 30 years ago.  Now.   But since you won't subscribe I have to ask -  why the willful ignorance?

Do you have a subscription the Chrisitian Science Monitor? Forbes? Guardian? If not, why the willful ignorance?

I don't subscribe to the WSJ (anymore) because I disagreed with the direction they began taking decades ago.

I won't subscribe to read Noonan's article because I realized years ago she was a bloviating drama queen who wasn't nearly as principled as I had once thought.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2017, 01:00:25 pm »
Noonan's the first thing I read every Saturday morning.   

Her series of articles last year about the Trump phenomenon, many of which I disagreed with at the time (I was far more NeverTrump than she was), were in hindsight the most prescient analysis of the election season.   

Offline anubias

« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2017, 01:08:52 pm »
Noonan's the first thing I read every Saturday morning.   

Her series of articles last year about the Trump phenomenon, many of which I disagreed with at the time (I was far more NeverTrump than she was), were in hindsight the most prescient analysis of the election season.

Why am I not surprised?

Reading your posts feels like a thousand points of light in my eye on a near daily basis.

Offline endicom

« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2017, 01:21:19 pm »

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2017, 01:28:13 pm »
Why am I not surprised?

Reading your posts feels like a thousand points of light in my eye on a near daily basis.

Sorry if I don't stick to the script required of a conservative in your eyes.  But thanks for reading.   

Noonan thinks for herself.   She is nuanced and pragmatic, yet at her core is a principled Catholic and conservative.  She always challenges my thinking.  The last thing I want to read is "conservative" pap.   

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2017, 01:37:04 pm »
Peggy Noonan Conservative, hmmm.

What day is it - is today her Conservative day?  In my opinion she blows with the wind and you can't tell from one article to the next if Pocahontas had ghost written her article or Tammy Bruce.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2017, 01:40:48 pm »
Sorry if I don't stick to the script required of a conservative in your eyes.  But thanks for reading.   

Noonan thinks for herself.   She is nuanced and pragmatic, yet at her core is a principled Catholic and conservative.  She always challenges my thinking.  The last thing I want to read is "conservative" pap.

Jazzhead, you reveal yourself in that comment.  Conservatism is not a "script" nor is it pap.  It's a belief in certain immutable principles.  Not that it's exactly news, but that's the part that you don't understand.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2017, 01:41:52 pm »
He’s not strong and self-controlled, not cool and tough, not low-key and determined; he’s whiny, weepy and self-pitying. He throws himself, sobbing, on the body politic. He’s a drama queen.

I keep thinking there is a method to his madness, but then the chaos just gets worse and worse (the latest Scaramucci tirade, for example), so I just don't know.  Trump does sell a lot of ads on cable TV, and I wouldn't be surprised if he serves two terms just because a slim majority of both his detractors and admirers would hate to see him go.  A lot of people love to hate, evidenced by the ratings at MSNBC, and what would they have without Trump?

We have transitioned from the age of audacity to the age of absurdity.  What might follow the age of absurdity scares the piss out of me, but oh well.  We have already been bankrupted by several generations of corrupt politicians, so who the hell cares?

Offline skeeter

« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2017, 01:42:08 pm »

https://www.wsj.com/articles/SB122539802263585317

I knew Obama was a America hating maoist punk who attended a black supremacist, jew hating church. I knew it before October 2008.

Its odd that the principled, nuanced and pragmatic Peggy Noonan seemed to know none of these things.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2017, 01:42:21 pm »

HUH  there is NOTHING out of the liberal cesspool of NYC that qualifies as "the finest conservative voices in the country"

There are some good conservatives there but a conservative in NYC is a raging liberal nearly everywhere else.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2017, 01:45:10 pm »
Conservatism is not a "script" nor is it pap. 

Exactly, Sanguine.   That's my point - and why I urge thoughtful conservatives to read the WSJ.