Author Topic: Kushner contradicts Trump team's denials of Russia contacts  (Read 546 times)

Offline libertybele

I know this is from the *fake* news source, but it is now being reported by other news outlets.  This does not surprise me.  This is just plain crazy.  We have Trump being accused of collusion with the Russians, his administration has denied the claim at least a dozen times, and now we have his Chief Advisor, who is also his son-in-law contradicting Trump and his administration! According to this article DJT Jr., and Sessions are all contradicting what was previously stated.  So either Trump and others are lying and his son, his son-in-law and AG aren't going to take the heat for him, or the three are lying. 

Kushner contradicts Trump team's denials of Russia contacts

For nearly a year, President Donald Trump and several of his top advisers have repeatedly denied that there was any contact between members of the Trump campaign and individuals tied to the Russian government. But the veracity of that story appears to be crumbling under contradictory revelations from the President's son, son-in-law and the current attorney general.
Trump, Vice President Mike Pence, White House counselor Kellyanne Conway, White House spokeswoman Sarah Huckabee Sanders, former White House press secretary Sean Spicer, Trump spokeswoman Hope Hicks and former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort have all previously denied that there were any contacts or ties between the Trump campaign and Russian government officials or Russians trying to meddle in the election.

Asked in February if anyone on his campaign had contacts with Russia during the election, Trump first said, "General Flynn was obviously dealing. So that's one person." Asked if that contact happened during the election, Trump responded, "no, nobody that I know of." He went on to say, "I have nothing to do with Russia. To the best of my knowledge no person that I deal with does."

Jared Kushner, Donald Trump Jr. and Attorney General Jeff Sessions have all confirmed (on-record) that they had Russia meetings during the campaign, despite all these denials.....

http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/24/politics/kushner-russia-statement-trump-denials/index.html
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 01:59:41 am by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Oceander

Re: Kushner contradicts Trump team's denials of Russia contacts
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2017, 02:02:02 am »
From CNN.  I'll take it with a heavy dose of salt.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2017, 02:05:07 am »
CNN....nuff said..
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2017, 02:13:46 am »
He is denying collusion, but he is admitting to meeting with the Russians; which is conflicting with what the Trump administration has stated.

As reported by the NY Times, it seems that Kushner is denying any 'collusion' with the Russians but is admitting to meeting with them .... https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/24/us/politics/jared-kushner-russia-senate.html?mcubz=1

The Washington Post is reporting that Kushner threw DJT Jr. under the bus.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line/wp/2017/07/24/jared-kushner-just-threw-donald-trump-jr-under-the-bus-bigly/

There are more news sources reporting similar stories ... all fake news??

« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 02:14:35 am by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2017, 04:10:02 am »
Expect a circus when you put a clown in the center ring.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

HonestJohn

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2017, 04:46:12 am »
He is denying collusion, but he is admitting to meeting with the Russians; which is conflicting with what the Trump administration has stated.

As reported by the NY Times, it seems that Kushner is denying any 'collusion' with the Russians but is admitting to meeting with them .... https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/24/us/politics/jared-kushner-russia-senate.html?mcubz=1

The Washington Post is reporting that Kushner threw DJT Jr. under the bus.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line/wp/2017/07/24/jared-kushner-just-threw-donald-trump-jr-under-the-bus-bigly/

There are more news sources reporting similar stories ... all fake news??

Of course.  The modus operandi of Trump *AND* his supporters is to declare all disparaging news... "fake".