Author Topic: Cruz being considered to replace Sessions: report  (Read 2874 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Cruz being considered to replace Sessions: report
« on: July 25, 2017, 12:21:22 am »
Cruz being considered to replace Sessions: report
By Jacqueline Thomsen - 07/24/17 07:57 PM EDT

President Trump and his advisers are floating possible replacements for Attorney General Jeff Sessions -- and the list includes Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas), The Washington Post reports.

Cruz and former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani (R) are reportedly among the candidates Trump’s team is considering to replace Sessions, though Giuliani said earlier in the day that he's not being considered.

Trump has repeatedly said that he is disappointed by Sessions’s decision to recuse himself from the probe into ties between the Trump administration and Russia, saying in an interview last week that he would have never hired Sessions if he knew he would recuse himself.

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/343556-cruz-being-considered-to-replace-sessions-report
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline endicom

Re: Cruz being considered to replace Sessions: report
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2017, 12:27:46 am »
No, no, Cruz is to be pardoned for assassinating Garfield. Giuliani will replace Cruz when Texas is returned to Mexico under the Trump Border Wall Treaty.

And yes, there are Russians involved.

« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 12:29:11 am by endicom »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2017, 12:29:45 am »
IMHO Trump wouldn't pick Cruz for anything and Cruz certainly wouldn't jeopardize his career by accepting.  So far Trump's picks have been short lived.  Nope, don't see this happening at all.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2017, 12:35:49 am »
IMHO Trump wouldn't pick Cruz for anything and Cruz certainly wouldn't jeopardize his career by accepting.  So far Trump's picks have been short lived.  Nope, don't see this happening at all.

I think you're right. A Trump assignment is where political careers go to die.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2017, 12:37:49 am »
Cruz being considered to replace Sessions

And leave his office as senator (one of the very few Constitutional conservatives) only to end up out on the street at the first whim of pique by Trump? Why would he do such a foolish thing? Please, Senator Cruz! If the rumor is true, just say no!

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2017, 12:40:10 am »
Trump, nominate the man he dubbed Lyin' Ted? Only if he were purposely trying to destroy him.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2017, 12:48:15 am »
Trump, nominate the man he dubbed Lyin' Ted? Only if he were purposely trying to destroy him.

THIS ^^^^^^^^
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2017, 12:53:51 am »
This could be a new, shiny object to react to.  Here's the original "scoop" from Jul 21:    :shrug:

Scoop: Trump in Talks with Cruz to Replace Sessions and Mueller
Medium.com; Jul 21, 2017, Jack Posobiec

President Trump is talking to Senator Ted Cruz and others about what they would do differently as Attorney General, should Jeff Sessions resign, as reports indicate.

White House sources also report President Trump was truthful when he made comments expressing buyer’s remorse over appointing Jeff Sessions to the role.

More:  https://medium.com/@JackPosobiec/scoop-trump-in-talks-with-cruz-to-replace-sessions-and-mueller-5068eaaca2af

« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 01:11:03 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2017, 12:56:33 am »
So far Trump's picks have been short lived. 
How long is that list of yours?  Unbelievable hyper-exaggeration.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline corbe

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2017, 12:57:11 am »
   Sen. Cruz is not stupid, Why settle for AG when you can get the whole enchilada in 2020?
   This will be another Cruz Flamewar, a repeat of this morning. 
   Not sure this is healthy for some Briefers.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2017, 01:01:05 am »
@libertybele

Everyone around Trump has a short life, except his immediate family.  If truth be known, I would bet his family is afraid of him.  Only their continual praise keeps them from being kicked to the curb.

Everyone he picks to be Attn. General, should turn him down and leave an empty office to demonstrate he is poison to humankind.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2017, 01:05:14 am »
Would rather see Cruz replace Ginsberg.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2017, 01:06:19 am »
   Sen. Cruz is not stupid, Why settle for AG when you can get the whole enchilada in 2020?
   This will be another Cruz Flamewar, a repeat of this morning. 
   Not sure this is healthy for some Briefers.
@corbe
 :smokin:

Cruz is much too conservative to be a part of anything Trump.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2017, 01:14:24 am »
Why does anyone believe another story with unnamed sources is true? 

Offline AllThatJazzZ

« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2017, 01:40:46 am »
I think you're right. A Trump assignment is where political careers go to die.

I often wonder what condition the Republican party will be in after Trump's time in office. Surely we will have moved farther away from Constitutional conservatism and embraced progressivism even more than before. It remains to be seen, but I rather doubt I'm going to be pleased with the final outcome.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2017, 01:44:55 am »
I often wonder what condition the Republican party will be in after Trump's time in office. Surely we will have moved farther away from Constitutional conservatism and embraced progressivism even more than before. It remains to be seen, but I rather doubt I'm going to be pleased with the final outcome.

It will be financially bankrupt if it pays Trump's legal fees like he is requesting.  It is already morally bankrupt.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2017, 01:50:49 am »

Well, Trump almost destroyed Cruz once before -- during the campaign.  If Cruz did accept the job should it be offered to him, he would be the biggest boob in Washington. 

What's that saying?  Fool me once, shame on you.  Fool me twice, shame on me.

Oceander

« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2017, 01:52:08 am »
Wow.  This truly is the greatest presidential administration in history!

Offline Applewood

« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2017, 01:52:44 am »

Don't really care.  The party deserves to go the way of the Whigs.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2017, 02:01:16 am »

Exactly! 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2017, 02:19:53 am »
Don't really care.  The party deserves to go the way of the Whigs.

I'd rather use it as a vehicle to turn back to true conservatism. Many decided we wanted to pull away from that philosophy and move toward "populism." I'm not completely certain what populism stands for, but, taken to its logical conclusion over several years' period of time, it sounds like a recipe for anarchy.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2017, 02:25:38 am »
Why does anyone believe another story with unnamed sources is true?

Because it is what qualifies as "journalism," these days.

Ring, ring. "Hello, Tom here."

"Tom, I am Bill with (Politico, NYT, take your pick). Mind if I ask a question?"

"Go ahead."

"Do you think it is possible, your boss Ted would talk with Trump about the AG position?"

"Anything is possible, I suppose. Why do you ask?"

hangs up 
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2017, 02:30:53 am »
It will be financially bankrupt if it pays Trump's legal fees like he is requesting.  It is already morally bankrupt.
@RoosGirl

He isn't using Republican Party funds - he is using his campaign funds people donated to him.  If you recall he had two campaign fund raisers in the past month or so and brought in millions of dollars.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2017, 02:33:42 am »

So ... Cruz would leave the Senate seat for which he's running hard for a second term to accept a part-time position as Attorney General in the Trump administration.

Has anyone seen any pigs flying around?
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline corbe

« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2017, 02:43:29 am »
   No, @Emjay but apparently there's some damn good smoke going around, probably Hawaiian, so it's your fault.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.