Author Topic: Best Fish Story (100% accuracy not required)  (Read 815 times)

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Best Fish Story (100% accuracy not required)
« on: July 22, 2017, 12:55:37 pm »
Hello everyone.  Based on the banter in the Lounge this week, I thought it might be a good side topic for us who like to dip the lure for rest and relaxation.  I have many enjoyable hours through the years, but will sadly admit I have never caught one big enough to put on the wall.  Still I am a firm proponet of the saying..  "A bad day of fishing beats a good day at the office 100% of the time"

Here's one I kind of started in the lounge....

About 35 years ago I was fishing some freshish marshy areas south of Lake Charles, Louisiana and it was one of those days where you were nailing bass every third cast in the cuts.  You know...  those pre- cool front fall days that we fisherman kill for.

My friend who is the greatest fisherman I have ever know, and who was a actually a hired Bass Master tour in his youth knew the best places.  Midway though the. day I casted and missed badly in the cattails which are always a hassle.  After me and friend both let out a few expletives, he trolled over slowly, but in route a 2+ pound large mouth sprung out of the water. caught the spinner and was snagged.   Sucker torpedoed out 4 feet out of the water.  And incredible memory, that lives vividly with me.   

After the  kiss, I had to spring him for karma reasons.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Re: Best Fish Story (100% accuracy not required)
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2017, 09:51:04 pm »
This is my basic fishing rig. Except I go with an 18-24 inch leader. Sinker weight depends on conditions.

We bounce either a worm, minnow, or piece of sucker meat along the bottom.

We do a lot of wading.

My neighbor ain't much of a fisherman. We can rig him the same. Put him between my son and me and he can't catch a fish while both of us are. Consistently.

We were out in the river last year. Me and the son happily catching fish with the neighbor standing between us. The neighbor ain't catching nothing. Then he hooks what we think is a stick. He drags it in and it is a 4 point mule buck deer skull and horns. About a 20" spread. Pretty set of horns. I'm laughing so hard in disbelief I almost peed my pants.

He has that rack mounted on his wall.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Best Fish Story (100% accuracy not required)
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2017, 11:35:25 pm »
This is my basic fishing rig. Except I go with an 18-24 inch leader. Sinker weight depends on conditions.

We bounce either a worm, minnow, or piece of sucker meat along the bottom.

We do a lot of wading.

My neighbor ain't much of a fisherman. We can rig him the same. Put him between my son and me and he can't catch a fish while both of us are. Consistently.

We were out in the river last year. Me and the son happily catching fish with the neighbor standing between us. The neighbor ain't catching nothing. Then he hooks what we think is a stick. He drags it in and it is a 4 point mule buck deer skull and horns. About a 20" spread. Pretty set of horns. I'm laughing so hard in disbelief I almost peed my pants.

He has that rack mounted on his wall.

Perfect comedic timing would have been in a game warden had shown up asking for deer tags.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.