Author Topic: Baltimore Residents to Hold Ceasefire Weekend, ‘Nobody Kill Anybody for 72 Hours’  (Read 2215 times)

rangerrebew

Baltimore Residents to Hold Ceasefire Weekend, ‘Nobody Kill Anybody for 72 Hours’
Posted By Madeleine Weast On July 21, 2017 @ 11:43 am In Culture | No Comments

Local Maryland group Baltimore Ceasefire is calling for a murder-free weekend in Baltimore using the slogan "Nobody kill anybody for 72 hours."

The ceasefire weekend will be held the first weekend in August as a response to Baltimore's rising homicide rate. Nearly 200 residents have been killed this year, according to ABC WMAR Baltimore.

Article printed from Washington Free Beacon: http://freebeacon.com

URL to article: http://freebeacon.com/culture/baltimore-holds-ceasefire-weekend/

Oceander

Pretty damned sad. 

Offline thackney

Pretty damned sad.

What?  Sad to think these people believe this type promotion will deter violent crime?  Really Sad actually.

Hundreds of Baltimore citizens have already made the pledge of nonviolence for the August weekend, according to the Baltimore Ceasefire organizers.

Any of the pledgers were the cause of past violent crimes?  Maybe they need a hashtag to really make a difference.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Maybe Chicago could jump on board.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
This debacle has to be the dumbest thing I have ever seen. I hope someone is making money off it.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline GrouchoTex

Since the Astros are in Baltimore for a weekend series, I hope the only thing getting killed are these little birds they are going after......
(but not literally, of course)

Offline goatprairie

I go to a number of news websites in certain American cities every day.  That includes Milwaukee in my home state of Wisconsin.  Milwaukee is about the same size as Baltimore population-wise.  Virtually every time I go there, I read stories of shootings, stabbings, robberies, car-jackings in the black section of the city.
It's not just confined to Baltimore or Chicago, it's nation-wide. It's time leaders quit dancing around the issue and address it honestly.  That includes Trump.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I go to a number of news websites in certain American cities every day.  That includes Milwaukee in my home state of Wisconsin.  Milwaukee is about the same size as Baltimore population-wise.  Virtually every time I go there, I read stories of shootings, stabbings, robberies, car-jackings in the black section of the city.
It's not just confined to Baltimore or Chicago, it's nation-wide. It's time leaders quit dancing around the issue and address it honestly.  That includes Trump.

The problem is the culture is so poisoned that "talking about it honestly" will get you stamped with a big, red letter "R" for racism.  It got worse because Obama waved it around like a talisman, but it's been a problem since at least the 60's, when the entitlement culture was codified in the Civil Rights Act.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
Pretty damned sad.

I agree - their grammar is atrocious.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Well I'll try but I'm not making any promises.

Offline goatprairie

The problem is the culture is so poisoned that "talking about it honestly" will get you stamped with a big, red letter "R" for racism.  It got worse because Obama waved it around like a talisman, but it's been a problem since at least the 60's, when the entitlement culture was codified in the Civil Rights Act.
Yes, but I don't care much anymore. Inability or failure to confront any problem only makes it worse. It's like "Islamophobia" or "homophobia" "transgenderphobia" "immigrantphobia" or any of the other phony issues the left has concocted in the last fifty years.  The goal of the left is to stop everybody but themselves from talking about a problem....which they always blame on conservatives.
Only by facing these problems head on and be willing to talk about them will anything get done.  Trump's statement to send in federal troops to Chicago was a step in the right direction. We'll see what he does when the violence does not stop.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 08:31:20 pm by goatprairie »

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Yes, but I don't care much anymore. Inability or failure to confront any problem only makes it worse. It's like "Islamophobia" or "homophobia" "transgenderphobia" "immigrantphobia" or any of the other phony issues the left has concocted in the last fifty years.  The goal of the left is to stop everybody but themselves from talking about a problem....which they always blame on conservatives.
Only by facing these problems head on and be willing to talk about them will anything get done.  Trump's statement to send in federal troops to Chicago was a step in the right direction. We'll see what he does when the violence does not stop.

I'd vote for you.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
da goat wrote:
"The goal of the left is to stop everybody but themselves from talking about a problem....which they always blame on conservatives."

The root cause of black violence can be found in this graphic:

and in this one:

There are some problems that simply are not "fixable", and will never be.
How do you "fix" genes ??

Oceander

And racism rears its ugly head yet again. 

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
And racism rears its ugly head yet again.

Thanks for proving the point.  It cannot be discussed without accusations of "racism." 

And the beat goes on....
I will NOT comply.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
White guilt makes and accepts politically correct reasons and excuses.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Oceander

Thanks for proving the point.  It cannot be discussed without accusations of "racism." 

And the beat goes on....

What's to discuss?  IQ tests do not measure some inherent, immutable attribute of intelligence.  They more or less simply measure the ability to take tests, which is a product of socialization, education, and culture.  It's indefensible to take IQ which is socially constructed and pretend it measures something inherent and immutable so you can feel good about your own racism. 

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
What's to discuss?  IQ tests do not measure some inherent, immutable attribute of intelligence.  They more or less simply measure the ability to take tests, which is a product of socialization, education, and culture.  It's indefensible to take IQ which is socially constructed and pretend it measures something inherent and immutable so you can feel good about your own racism.

There is nothing that can be discussed.  That was my point, and why this thing in Baltimore will never amount to anything.  No matter what anybody says, it will be reduced to charges of racism.  Everything.  You don't know me, though you know more about me that most, and you just called me a racist.  Discussion shut down, as scheduled.

The beat goes on.
I will NOT comply.

Oceander

There is nothing that can be discussed.  That was my point, and why this thing in Baltimore will never amount to anything.  No matter what anybody says, it will be reduced to charges of racism.  Everything.  You don't know me, though you know more about me that most, and you just called me a racist.  Discussion shut down, as scheduled.

The beat goes on.

No, the discussion was shut down when it was all blamed on the inherent congenital stupidity of blacks.  If blacks are permanently and inherently inferior to whites, then the only thing left to do is (re)institutionalize them.  Is that what you want to discuss?   Whether (White) republicans came come up with a more humane plantation system to manage the "black problem"?

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
No, the discussion was shut down when it was all blamed on the inherent congenital stupidity of blacks.  If blacks are permanently and inherently inferior to whites, then the only thing left to do is (re)institutionalize them.  Is that what you want to discuss?   Whether (White) republicans came come up with a more humane plantation system to manage the "black problem"?

My point would be, had I made it (and I didn't), was there is an inordinate amount of violent crimes (especially murders) being committed by blacks.  I think the discussion of relative intelligence is as stupid as percentage of blacks on welfare.  We may have a miscommunication here.

The point I was trying to make, albeit poorly, was that discussions devolve very rapidly into accusations of racism.  So rapidly people are afraid to even bring up race in any discussion about crime.
I will NOT comply.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

"An intelligence quotient (IQ) is a total score derived from several standardized tests designed to assess human intelligence. The abbreviation "IQ" was coined by the psychologist William Stern for the German term Intelligenzquotient, his term for a scoring method for intelligence tests at University of Wrocław he advocated in a 1912 book.[1] Historically, IQ is a score obtained by dividing a person’s mental age score, obtained by administering an intelligence test, by the person’s chronological age, both expressed in terms of years and months. The resulting fraction is multiplied by 100 to obtain the IQ score.[2] When current IQ tests were developed, the median raw score of the norming sample is defined as IQ 100 and scores each standard deviation (SD) up or down are defined as 15 IQ points greater or less,[3] although this was not always so historically. By this definition, approximately two-thirds of the population scores are between IQ 85 and IQ 115. About 5 percent of the population scores above 125, and 5 percent below 75.[4][5"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intelligence_quotient

There are dozens of such definitions, all stating basically the same thing; namely IQ tests are designed to measure intelligence.

They have been used continuously since before WWI by the military, by educational institutions, by employers, etc.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline RoosGirl

Let's just say that the bell curves and graphics above are accurate; a person with an IQ in the range of 70 and above is quite able to learn right and wrong.  They have to be taught it though. 

Offline Suppressed

You haven't read The Bell Curve, nor seen non-standard methods of testing, have you?  For example, reaction times correlating with IQ.  And blacks generally having slower reaction times to move off a button (but being faster at actually moving from one button to another). 

This doesn't mean that all blacks are lower IQ than whites (nor that all Asians are higher IQ than whites), but it's also not racist to point out the fact that there might be differences based on genetics...and that could include genetic pools.  The evidence isn't conclusive, as there are some confounding data, but there is enough evidence to suspect possibilities.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Does lower IQ correlate to higher violence?  Cause it?
I will NOT comply.

Offline Suppressed

If they were really serious about this, they would make it illegal to kill people.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn