Author Topic: Here’s where and when to watch O.J. Simpson’s parole hearing [UPDATE: OJ's parole has been granted. He'll be out October 1.]  (Read 952 times)

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
Steven Rosenberg
Orange County Register
July 19, 2017

Is O.J. Simpson’s time behind bars coming to an end?

The Nevada parole hearing that will decide his fate will be broadcast live beginning at 10 a.m. Pacific time Thursday, and it’s a good bet that much of America will be tuning in to see what happens...

The 10 a.m. hearing will be available to broadcast outlets and as a live stream, and since the hearing is expected to last a half-hour at most, expect just about every cable news network and most network-affiliated broadcast stations to carry it.

Due to Simpson’s athletic accomplishments, ESPN is among the cable outlets that is broadcasting the hearing and bookending it with substantial analysis.

Also expect CNN, Fox News and MSNBC to provide coverage.

The NBC, CBS and ABC networks will also broadcast the Simpson hearing, and those committed to live streams include CBS and ABC’s digital channels...
More
« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 09:50:52 pm by Machiavelli »

Offline skeeter

Re: Here’s where and when to watch O.J. Simpson’s parole hearing
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2017, 03:38:23 pm »
Who cares what happens to this murdering has-been. He'll probably drop dead from kidney failure within a year of being sprung.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2017, 03:43:38 pm »
I watched the original trial religiously, and felt he was 100% guilty. The prosecution made big mistakes.

Anyway I lost most interest in his antics,, after he went free. When he went to prison, I lost more interest.

My wife says he still gets an NFL pension of $25,000 per month. If he goes free again, any other money or assets, presumably can be attached for the Goldwin case.

He has supposedly been a model prisoner. I bet he is released.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2017, 03:53:19 pm »
I watched the original trial religiously, and felt he was 100% guilty. The prosecution made big mistakes.

Anyway I lost most interest in his antics,, after he went free. When he went to prison, I lost more interest.

My wife says he still gets an NFL pension of $25,000 per month. If he goes free again, any other money or assets, presumably can be attached for the Goldwin case.

He has supposedly been a model prisoner. I bet he is released.

I don't think his pension can be taken away. Too bad. I will be watching HGTV reruns.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2017, 04:21:20 pm »
I don't think his pension can be taken away. Too bad. I will be watching HGTV reruns.
Correct his pension from the NFL is apparently protected.

Supposedly two of his children bought his Florida spread, and are doing well in real estate.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2017, 04:38:26 pm »
Thanks for the info @Machiavelli

I'm going to bet he will be released.  Age, health, plus a supposed model prisoner.   Maybe a halfway house? 

I too think OJ did the murders, but at this point there is nothing to be done about that.  God will judge him as He sees fit. 
« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 05:38:07 pm by Applewood »

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2017, 05:06:30 pm »
It's started.

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2017, 06:29:25 pm »
Hearing has been recessed pending verdict.

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2017, 06:51:01 pm »
They’re back. Decision coming up.

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2017, 06:56:01 pm »
PAROLED

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2017, 06:56:51 pm »
Vote of 3 - 0, he is to be set free with conditions.

Oceander

Thanks for the info!

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2017, 07:05:10 pm »
PAROLED

Thanks for the report. Too bad he'll be free this fall. He's got a nice chunk of money to spend on himself. Feel bad for the families of those he murdered.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2017, 07:19:03 pm »
PAROLED

Thank you for the updates. 

(P.S.  Hope you're doing ok and hanging in there ...)
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
Here we go.

The tabloids will have a field day (CNN, Fox News, etc.)  Then some joker looking for 3 minutes of fame will try to off OJ and you have another made for TV movie.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
He's paroled.  It makes me sick and it makes me sick he will receive $25,000.00 a month; not bad for someone who murdered two people! I watched about 10 minutes of the parole hearing.  His daughter went before the parole board on his behalf pleading for him to come home.  This whole mess is such a tragedy in so many ways and affected the lives of so many. I wonder what the Goldman family or the Brown family is feeling today??
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 09:48:31 pm by Machiavelli »

Offline truth_seeker

He's paroled.  It makes me sick and it makes me sick he will receive $25,000.00 a month; not bad for someone who murdered two people! I watched about 10 minutes of the parole hearing.  His daughter went before the parole board on his behalf pleading for him to come home.  This whole mess is such a tragedy in so many ways and affected the lives of so many. I wonder what the Goldman family or the Brown family is feeling today??
His fame and money afforded him an all-star legal defense. Hs accusers, the LA County system by comparison, is comprised of light-weights.

But Mark Furman more than any other single factor, led to the reasonable doubt, in my opinion. Sloppy chain of evidence on blood, too.

It gave the defense the chance to say Furman was a racist, and that blood evidence could have been planted.

Was Simpson guilty of murder? I believe so. Could some jurors have "reasonable doubt?" Apparently 12 of them did.