Author Topic: Sessions: No plans to resign after Trump attack  (Read 22778 times)

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: Sessions: No plans to resign after Trump attack
« Reply #75 on: July 22, 2017, 08:13:42 pm »
But of course the son of a Cuban born in Canada is a natural born citizen of the United States \s

The founders of this country would not even consider Cruz a citizen! You have no respect what so ever for our Constitution. You're willing to crap all over it when it suits your purpose.
Mitt Romney's father George was born in Mexico, and ran in 1968.

An extensive legal opinion was written at the time, that he was NOT ELIGIBLE. He did not do well, and dropped out before the issue of his eligibility became an issue.

Mexico or Cuba, are not like Hawaii.

So it is a very well informed position to take that Cruz is not eligible, and believing this is not "alt right" or any other childish BS that Cruz ardent supporters can push.

I don't make claims to be a legal expert. But the ones writing the Romney opinion WERE legal experts.

https://constitutioncenter.org/blog/five-other-presidential-birther-controversies-from-american-history

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2015/03/23/everything-you-need-to-know-about-the-ted-cruz-birther-movement/?utm_term=.8fdd6640bbba
« Last Edit: July 22, 2017, 08:32:16 pm by truth_seeker »
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #76 on: July 22, 2017, 09:31:19 pm »
A number of courts have already ruled him eligible. 
« Last Edit: July 22, 2017, 09:31:50 pm by Sanguine »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #77 on: July 22, 2017, 09:37:36 pm »
Sessions is garbage and needs to go. Surprised so many here have a fetish for civil asset forfeiture.

:beer:  I have felt at times that Sessions may have been one of the "leakers" ... also Trump selected Rosenstein as deputy AG .... I question why the heck he keeps picking people from the swamp.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #78 on: July 22, 2017, 09:39:39 pm »
A number of courts have already ruled him eligible.

A number of courts and supervisors of elections who allowed him to qualify to be on the ballot in all 50 states.  Done deal.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline DB

« Reply #79 on: July 22, 2017, 09:40:05 pm »

An extensive legal opinion was written at the time, that he was NOT ELIGIBLE. He did not do well, and dropped out before the issue of his eligibility became an issue.

So it is a very well informed position to take that Cruz is not eligible, and believing this is not "alt right" or any other childish BS that Cruz ardent supporters can push.

I don't make claims to be a legal expert. But the ones writing the Romney opinion WERE legal experts.

https://constitutioncenter.org/blog/five-other-presidential-birther-controversies-from-american-history

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2015/03/23/everything-you-need-to-know-about-the-ted-cruz-birther-movement/?utm_term=.8fdd6640bbba

The constitution gave the authority to congress to define citizenship. Congress has made adjustments to the citizenship laws over the years and sets the legal definition. Ted Cruz was a citizen at birth under US law at the time making him "natural born" because no other action was required to give him citizenship. Canadian law nor any other country's law matters in that determination. And I'll add, the courts have affirmed that.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2017, 09:41:19 pm by DB »

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #80 on: July 22, 2017, 11:37:34 pm »
You call it "slander" to describe a legal opinion that Calgary born Cruz is not eligible to be President.

It is an opinion, not a slander.

It is an opinion... and it is a wrong opinion  and it is used to Slander.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #81 on: July 23, 2017, 01:44:29 am »
:beer:  I have felt at times that Sessions may have been one of the "leakers" ... also Trump selected Rosenstein as deputy AG .... I question why the heck he keeps picking people from the swamp.

And, didn't Rosenstein select Mueller?  With no clearly defined parameters as to what he could investigate?

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #82 on: July 23, 2017, 02:12:07 am »

Why are fanatic Trumpers still clinging to this.  It doesn't matter anymore and they can bring it up again in 2020 when Cruz runs against Trump.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #83 on: July 23, 2017, 02:17:31 am »
Why are fanatic Trumpers still clinging to this.  It doesn't matter anymore and they can bring it up again in 2020 when Cruz runs against Trump.

I don't think Trump will run again.  I think the rigors of the job are already getting to him.  It will be interesting - what will the anti-Cruzers do then?

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #84 on: July 23, 2017, 02:18:59 am »

I see no indication that Cruz will run for President in 2020. He's focused on reelection to the Senate, and thumping the Democrat from El Paso. To my knowledge, I can't recall an El Pasoan ever winning a state wide seat.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline corbe

« Reply #85 on: July 23, 2017, 02:22:30 am »

This is what they do, the hate for Sen. Cruz is beyond skin deep, BUT, Trump will have to screw up pretty BAD for Ted to primary him in 2020, and I don't see that happening, the GOP is still functional and will go down with him if he (Trump) requests it.
@Emjay
    I've been wrong before.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #86 on: July 23, 2017, 02:22:52 am »
I see no indication that Cruz will run for President in 2020. He's focused on reelection to the Senate, and thumping the Democrat from El Paso. To my knowledge, I can't recall an El Pasoan ever winning a state wide seat.

I think Ted Cruz wants to be president and I think he will be.  Not sure about 2020.  Depends on what happens with Trump.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #87 on: July 23, 2017, 02:24:14 am »

This is what they do, the hate for Sen. Cruz is beyond skin deep, BUT, Trump will have to screw up pretty BAD for Ted to primary him in 2020, and I don't see that happening, the GOP is still functional and will go down with him if he (Trump) requests it.
@Emjay
    I've been wrong before.

Oh, I agree with that.  It totally depends on how Trump fares and if he decides to run again.  But Ted is quite young and he will run again.  Maybe not in 2020

Offline DB

« Reply #88 on: July 23, 2017, 02:25:59 am »
I think Ted Cruz wants to be president and I think he will be.  Not sure about 2020.  Depends on what happens with Trump.

When Trump is done I doubt any Republican will win the Presidency for some time to come.

Offline corbe

« Reply #89 on: July 23, 2017, 02:29:53 am »
   Canada may be pretty tired of Trudeau by 2020, He may have a better chance of being Prime Minister up there.
   I hate the cold (107 in Texas today), but I'll move up there, screw this oligarchy. 
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #90 on: July 23, 2017, 02:32:36 am »
   Canada may be pretty tired of Trudeau by 2020, He may have a better chance of being Prime Minister up there.
   I hate the cold (107 in Texas today), but I'll move up there, screw this oligarchy.

Where is it 107? I only saw a reading of 100. Overall, we've had a mild summer IMO.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #91 on: July 23, 2017, 02:33:44 am »
Where is it 107? I only saw a reading of 100. Overall, we've had a mild summer IMO.

Where are you?  It was 103 here today!

Offline corbe

« Reply #92 on: July 23, 2017, 02:48:11 am »
   New Braunfels, between Austin and San Antonio, where the Comal and the Guadalupe meet, that alone should give me a -5 degrees here, but my small lawn (Grass, don't read into that) keeps screaming. 
   It may just be those old Germans were incorrect in their R-Value of stacked sandstone blocks in my walls (1894), but at these temps, it's difficult for everyone here, I would think.

*Heat Index  @Night Hides Not
« Last Edit: July 23, 2017, 02:51:31 am by corbe »

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #93 on: July 23, 2017, 04:17:30 am »
I don't think Trump will run again.  I think the rigors of the job are already getting to him.  It will be interesting - what will the anti-Cruzers do then?

Interesting viewpoint but I'm not sure the rigors of the job are getting to Trump.  They are getting to me, Big Time.

I don't think stuff gets through to Trump... I think he wears a bubble of righteousness.  In spite of his two hour twitter fit this morning, I think he's okay with things.

Cruz will have a big advantage if and when he runs again.  He now has fame and name recognition that he didn't have when he entered the primaries this time.

And what the bloody heck is the drill with the anti-Cruzers.  It's beginning to tick me off.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #94 on: July 23, 2017, 04:20:15 am »
   New Braunfels, between Austin and San Antonio, where the Comal and the Guadalupe meet, that alone should give me a -5 degrees here, but my small lawn (Grass, don't read into that) keeps screaming. 
   It may just be those old Germans were incorrect in their R-Value of stacked sandstone blocks in my walls (1894), but at these temps, it's difficult for everyone here, I would think.

*Heat Index  @Night Hides Not

It's hotter than the hot place in Kihei.  Don't laugh but with a high of 88/89 and a humidity about the same, it's heatstroke weather.

Offline SunkenCiv

• This is SunkenCiv.
  • I'm Junger than that now.
    • Gods, Graves, Glyphs (we're new)
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Gods, Graves, Glyphs forum (we're new) Darwin Central (posting as Ned Ludlam) my FR posts, SunkenCiv?, FR topic by nuconvert

Offline DB

« Reply #96 on: July 23, 2017, 05:22:48 am »
Dershowitz "Shocked" How Far the Left Is 'Stretching Existing Laws,' |
 Townhall.com
Dershowitz on Trump Jr Meeting: 'A Candidate Has the Right to Get Information From Whatever Source' | Breitbart

The truth hasn't mattered to the left for some time. Anything it takes to get the desired goal is a-okay. Unfortunately that practice has also been accepted by many of today's Republicans. Trump is the embodiment of that.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #97 on: July 23, 2017, 05:44:29 am »
Where are you?  It was 103 here today!

Apologies for the late reply. We're up in Spokane on vacation. Just got back from "The Kennel", where Gonzaga plays... my first time back in over 15 years. My 15 YO son is honing his skills at a basketball camp, and getting a taste of campus life...3 nights in a dorm. My 6 YO grandson is keeping us busy. He's a big Zag fan, more so after getting autographs and pictures with a half dozen players. They couldn't have been more accommodating.

We're heading back to Texas tomorrow, with stops at Little Big Horn and Mount Rushmore.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #98 on: July 23, 2017, 03:16:27 pm »
Apologies for the late reply. We're up in Spokane on vacation. Just got back from "The Kennel", where Gonzaga plays... my first time back in over 15 years. My 15 YO son is honing his skills at a basketball camp, and getting a taste of campus life...3 nights in a dorm. My 6 YO grandson is keeping us busy. He's a big Zag fan, more so after getting autographs and pictures with a half dozen players. They couldn't have been more accommodating.

We're heading back to Texas tomorrow, with stops at Little Big Horn and Mount Rushmore.

Sounds like a great trip! 

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #99 on: July 23, 2017, 05:40:59 pm »
Why are fanatic Trumpers still clinging to this. .../

Why are whining snowflakes making this all about Ted Cruz @Emjay?  Where is the defense of the US Constitution among these people?  Or is love of the Constitution another fly-by-night "principle" to be discarded to fit the star of their cult of personality?