Author Topic: Rep. King: Defund Planned Parenthood, Food Stamps To Build Border Wall  (Read 2279 times)

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
dailycaller
Thomas Phippen
1:46 PM 07/12/2017

[excerpt]

http://dailycaller.com/2017/07/12/rep-king-defund-planned-parenthood-food-stamps-to-build-border-wall-video/

Iowa Republican Rep. Steve King believes Congress should defund Planned Parenthood, reduce food stamps and entitlement spending to pay for the southern wall on the Mexican border.

Instead of the $1.6 billion price for the wall that some lawmakers have pitched, King would rather provide $5 billion in funding, he said on CNN’s “New Day” with Alisyn Camerota.

“Are you comfortable, congressman, with providing $1.6 billion of taxpayer money, not from Mexico, to build that wall?” Camerota said.

see also

Govt Food Stamp Program Discriminates Against US Citizens, Favors Illegals

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,271407.0.html

King is right.  We could easily save enough money by defunding bad or unnecessary programs to at least put a brick in the wall.

Planned Parenthood and NEA spring immediately to mind.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

All part of the plan.

The Eco fascists want cars off the road, so they go after the older ones as polluters and unsafe.

In Ca. DMV used to send out a notice every year that they'd buy your old car for up to $500 just to junk and crush it.

My tax dollars, to destroy My car.

My ultra low mileage near showroom maintained 81 Corvette.

Same DMV that had a 'Languages Spoken' sign at the counters.

Cantonese, Tagalog, Spanish, and English.

And yes English was listed dead last.

We'd be up salt creek.  We only have old cars. 

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
OMG!

Mexico is not going to be sending money to us for enticing our employers back home.

The Mexican Government is going to have to find ways to OUT-entice US, to get those employers to stay.

And that is going to cost the Mexican corrupt-ocracy big, perhaps everything they own, provided we can get it to happen.

But then we've still got a lot of folks here who are Still dumb enough to believe that 'The Rich', are going to 'Pay Their Fair Share', this time.

And they keep falling for it again and again and vote to tax themselves every time they 'Make The Rich Pay More'

Making the rich 'pay more' is part of our problem.  Unfair corporate taxes along with onerous and stupid over-regulating is what drove companies away in the first place.

Evil corporations hire a lot of people.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
I'm not a car person but I'd like to tell a car story.  My daughter has a Prius.  She bought it because she had a long commute when we were back on the Mainland.  It has proved to be an excellent little car.  But they have a shelf life.  When one of the batteries goes out, you don't run down to Wal-Mart.

So, she finally had a battery go out and my SIL decided to repair it himself.  It took him a couple of days because you have to take the seats out and it's quite the hassle.

A lot of people just dump their Priuses because it costs so much to fix the battery.  So my SIL is looking for a Prius someone is dumping cheap because he can fix pretty easy now that he's done it once.  He found one for $1500 but passed because it was 'rough.'  He discussed with the owner and she said the earliest she could get it repaired on the Island was October and then it was big bucks.  He told her he would fix it for her and she jumped on it.  He is now the Official Private Prius Mechanic on Maui.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
King is right.  We could easily save enough money by defunding bad or unnecessary programs to at least put a brick in the wall.

Planned Parenthood and NEA spring immediately to mind.

Well, the decrease in Illegals jumping the border since the Donald let ICE get back to work is costing Mexico already.

Less Dollars being wired back to Mexico by people working here illegally.

Keeping it in the US is good for the economy, and I'd say Mexico's Already starting to Pay for the wall, even if it never gets built.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Well, the decrease in Illegals jumping the border since the Donald let ICE get back to work is costing Mexico already.

Keeping it in the US is good for the economy, and I'd say Mexico's Already starting to Pay for the wall, even if it never gets built.
"Lost revenue". One way or the other, they're buying.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

Mexico is starting to get on my nerves.  Mexicans are generally good people but the government is so corrupt it holds them down.  The main industry is drugs ... exporting drugs and people to send money back home.

But all the statistics I read indicate that immigration from Mexico has greatly decreased even without a wall.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

If we can't get the top issue passed, do you think that Congress is what, going to get something passed to fix all that other stuff? There's so much time, focus, energy, and political capital to get things done.

But by all means if you want to climb on that cross and embark on that crusade, go for it. I'm sure Rep. King has a congressional email where you can tell him how he needs to be removed from office because of his support for ethanol mandates. He and every other congress person's most minor issue that you disagree with.

Stand firm, don't back down, tell them they must fix them all, right now, today, or they should be removed from office. I am sure you'll be successful.
You are now making no sense.  First you want to not stop throwing away taxpayer dollars on 'little things; like an ethanol mandate that costs us billions, as you want political capital to be used toward the 'big things'.  Then when I mention a big thing like Obamacare and its lack of success on it, you throw your hands up and go elsewhere.

What exactly are you even saying?  Do you want tackled just big things, big things other than Obamacare, what?

You obviously do not wish to begin with little things, so where do you begin your crusade? 
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
You are now making no sense.  First you want to not stop throwing away taxpayer dollars on 'little things; like an ethanol mandate that costs us billions, as you want political capital to be used toward the 'big things'.  Then when I mention a big thing like Obamacare and its lack of success on it, you throw your hands up and go elsewhere.

What exactly are you even saying?  Do you want tackled just big things, big things other than Obamacare, what?

You obviously do not wish to begin with little things, so where do you begin your crusade?

I'd prioritize with health care, immigration, welfare and social spending, taxes, education and then maybe get to regulations like the ethanol mandate a couple of years down the road.
The Republic is lost.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

I'd prioritize with health care, immigration, welfare and social spending, taxes, education and then maybe get to regulations like the ethanol mandate a couple of years down the road.
Ok. Those are all important I agree. 

It is important to remember the ones that are most important for conservatives are likely the same list important to the libs, so they will be escalated fights against them and lengthen the time to resolve successfully or even to get resolved.  I already mentioned Obamacare as an example.

I see no reason to defer what you consider to be of lower priority.  Anything that keeps us being slaves of the feds by undue taxation or rules should be removed or minimized.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Sweet Heavens! There 535 people in Congress and half of them are supposedly working to make America better. How many people does it take to write a Bill that repeals the ethanol mandate. Have a couple of staffers go through the applicable laws and regulations, list the pertinent sections, and wrap "A bill for the repeal of _________ and other measures., throw that sucker in the hopper. That might take the labor of two or three people for a couple of days and stop destroying the small engines, outboard motors, generators, chainsaws, welders and other engines of small business, and save Americans billions. If people want ethanol, they will still be able to get the fuel if the demand is high enough, and the rest of America can get better gas mileage. If individual states want that requirement, then their drivers can pay for it, their legislatures can mandate it, and the fuel stops at the borders will likely make more.

The reason for committees in Congress is to address issues, and that specialization on issues facilitates the hammering out of the bills that go in the hopper. Staffers do a lot of the heavy lifting. More than one thing can be and is addressed at the same time. There is no reason to ignore all other business for one issue. Multitasking, and all that.

If Congress can't walk and chew gum at the same time, it's high time to send the idiots back to their villages and elect someone more capable.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Sweet Heavens! There 535 people in Congress and half of them are supposedly working to make America better. How many people does it take to write a Bill that repeals the ethanol mandate. Have a couple of staffers go through the applicable laws and regulations, list the pertinent sections, and wrap "A bill for the repeal of _________ and other measures., throw that sucker in the hopper. That might take the labor of two or three people for a couple of days and stop destroying the small engines, outboard motors, generators, chainsaws, welders and other engines of small business, and save Americans billions. If people want ethanol, they will still be able to get the fuel if the demand is high enough, and the rest of America can get better gas mileage. If individual states want that requirement, then their drivers can pay for it, their legislatures can mandate it, and the fuel stops at the borders will likely make more.

The reason for committees in Congress is to address issues, and that specialization on issues facilitates the hammering out of the bills that go in the hopper. Staffers do a lot of the heavy lifting. More than one thing can be and is addressed at the same time. There is no reason to ignore all other business for one issue. Multitasking, and all that.

If Congress can't walk and chew gum at the same time, it's high time to send the idiots back to their villages and elect someone more capable.

It should work that way, and seemed to used to work that way, and it works at the state level here in Iowa. I blame the media constantly focusing our attention this or that but not anything substantial. Now it seems getting anything passed in DC is a marathon power lifting session.

I also blame Ryan and McConnell. Weak, conciliatory leaders create meandering lack of discipline in the legislative process, and the Trump admin so far seems too ADD to provide push to move things along.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 06:03:34 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Ann Coulter‏ @AnnCoulter Jul 23

Today's BORDER WALL CONSTRUCTION UPDATE: Miles completed yesterday-- Zero; Miles completed since Inauguration--Zero. NEXT UPDATE TOMORROW.