Author Topic: RadioShack brand to survive under new owner: sources  (Read 636 times)

Offline endicom

RadioShack brand to survive under new owner: sources
« on: July 20, 2017, 12:37:52 am »
OANN
Jessica DiNapoli
July 19, 2017

(Reuters) – The RadioShack brand will live on after a family office already owed $23 million by the bankrupt U.S. electronics chain agreed to assume ownership of it, as no other buyers submitted better bids this week, people familiar with the matter said.

An affiliate of Kensington Capital Holdings, a family office based in the suburbs of Boston, will acquire RadioShack’s intellectual property after it submitted a $15 million bid, the people said on Wednesday.

More... http://www.oann.com/radioshack-brand-to-survive-under-new-owner-sources/

It's complicated.

Wingnut

Re: RadioShack brand to survive under new owner: sources
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2017, 01:01:29 am »
In a few years I see the brand as a late night commercial brand  Similar to Bell and Howell flashlights or Rockwell.  Crap Chinese As Seen On TV stuff.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: RadioShack brand to survive under new owner: sources
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2017, 01:16:59 am »
In a few years I see the brand as a late night commercial brand  Similar to Bell and Howell flashlights or Rockwell.  Crap Chinese As Seen On TV stuff.
Considering that they had just been slapping their name on other companies products for decades, no big deal. It's really sad, the changes that companies have gone through the last fifty years. I really miss the Sears and Roebuck, Montgomery Ward, J.C.Penney, Thrifties (and all the other five and dimes) Radio Shack, Heathkit, so many great stores that either went out of business or are committing suicide.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 01:17:21 am by GtHawk »