Author Topic: Senator John McCain has a brain tumor, his office says  (Read 2705 times)

Offline endicom

Re: Senator John McCain has a brain tumor, his office says
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2017, 02:16:55 pm »
A former Briagde Chaplain I'm friends with had a daughter with this kind of tumor.  She has had a couple surgeries...radiation the works.

She finally went through an experimental treatment and right now is in remission.

There was news of such treatment in this last week. Don't recall the particulars.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2017, 02:24:35 pm »

There was news of such treatment in this last week. Don't recall the particulars.

@endicom

They are experimenting with immuno therapy.  MD Anderson where she was being treated is one of the places using this treatment.

I'm not 100% certain but I believe that is the experimental treatment she was involved in.

ETA: Here is the story on the girl I'm talking about.  I'd forgotten they did a feature piece on her because of how she reacted to the treatment.

https://www.mdanderson.org/publications/cancerwise/2017/05/imunotherapy-clinical-trial-gives-recurrent-glioblastoma-survivor-hope.html.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 02:28:59 pm by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2017, 04:01:38 pm »
When I was an OR nurse, I worked a surgery for a woman who had a glioblastoma surgically removed two years previously. This vicious aggressive cancer returned and, as she was fairly young, he opened her skull again and placed gliadel wafers in her brain- this is a chemo product. The surgeon was grim and not hopeful.

Prayers for the McCain family.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2017, 04:06:14 pm »
Classy thing to do?  Frank, he's 80 years old. 

Even more reason to immediately issue his withdrawal from office and deal with his own issues. Since when in the hell did Senators become some group of indispensable deities?

Offline endicom

« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2017, 04:20:26 pm »

ETA: Here is the story on the girl I'm talking about.  I'd forgotten they did a feature piece on her because of how she reacted to the treatment.

https://www.mdanderson.org/publications/cancerwise/2017/05/imunotherapy-clinical-trial-gives-recurrent-glioblastoma-survivor-hope.html.

I'm not sure if that's the treatment I read of but it's good to see a success story.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2017, 04:20:51 pm »
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4714388/McCain-tells-Graham-ll-brain-cancer.html

'I'll be back': Cancer-stricken John McCain tells his closest friend in the Senate that he won't give up as politics prays for war hero after devastating diagnosis

John McCain announced he'd been diagnosed with cancer on Wednesday night
    The 80-year-old Arizona Senator is recovering in Arizona with his family
    He had gone in to hospital to have a blood clot removed from  his eye last week
    The procedure set back the Senate vote on the Republicans' now scrapped healthcare bill
    Doctors realized his condition was more serious after the procedure last week
    President Trump shared his well wishes for the 80-year-old after news of his  severe diagnosis emerged
    Some questioned whether the brain tumor was behind his confused questioning of ousted FBI director James Comey in June 

By Wires and Francesca Chambers, White House Correspondent For Dailymail.com

Published: 09:00 EDT, 20 July 2017 | Updated: 09:48 EDT, 20 July 2017

more at link
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2017, 08:36:18 pm »
Senator McCain -

Thanks for you service and best wishes regarding your medical setbacks.

But along with that, please consider that you need to retire immediately, for not only the benefit of your own recovery but for the good of the country as well.

Your absence from the Senate, in which Republicans hold but the smallest of majorities, will result in nothing less than a stalemate during such absence.

Again, do one last courageous act of national service, and bow out of your Senatorial career and accept the gratitude of your constituents while you are able to do so.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2017, 08:50:13 pm »
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4714388/McCain-tells-Graham-ll-brain-cancer.html

'I'll be back': Cancer-stricken John McCain tells his closest friend in the Senate that he won't give up as politics prays for war hero after devastating diagnosis

John McCain announced he'd been diagnosed with cancer on Wednesday night
    The 80-year-old Arizona Senator is recovering in Arizona with his family
    He had gone in to hospital to have a blood clot removed from  his eye last week
    The procedure set back the Senate vote on the Republicans' now scrapped healthcare bill
    Doctors realized his condition was more serious after the procedure last week
    President Trump shared his well wishes for the 80-year-old after news of his  severe diagnosis emerged
    Some questioned whether the brain tumor was behind his confused questioning of ousted FBI director James Comey in June 

By Wires and Francesca Chambers, White House Correspondent For Dailymail.com

Published: 09:00 EDT, 20 July 2017 | Updated: 09:48 EDT, 20 July 2017

more at link

Since his office obviously is his "everything" I expect the senator won't leave DC until he's toes up.

Although now's the time he should be giving to his family.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2017, 09:38:54 pm »

Will ardent keyboard politicos give him and his family a few days to sort matters out?

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2017, 09:40:46 pm »
Will ardent keyboard politicos give him and his family a few days to sort matters out?

@truth_seeker we can only hope.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Wingnut

« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2017, 09:52:52 pm »

Once a warrior always a warrior.  But it is time to stand down and do what is right for yourself and for your country.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2017, 10:02:20 pm »
Even more reason to immediately issue his withdrawal from office and deal with his own issues. Since when in the hell did Senators become some group of indispensable deities?

He's a relic.  His prognosis is poor. Sure, he's taking a positive stance at this point in time, but if he decides to go through radiation and chemo at 80 ... he may then decide not to return. If he returns to the Senate in all likeliness it will be for a short period of time.  My hunch is he 'll probably decide not to run for re-election in 2022. Teddy Kennedy also suffered from the same type of tumor and lived for 15 months after his diagnosis at age 77.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 10:18:23 pm by libertybele »

Offline mrclose

« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2017, 10:40:12 pm »
POS

Within hours of Trump tweeting his prayers and best wishes.

Down but not out: McCain sends out blistering statement accusing the Trump administration of 'playing into the hands of Putin' on Syria hours after former POW reveals cancer diagnosis

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4715656/McCain-issues-blistering-Putin-Syria-statement.html

« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 10:44:08 pm by mrclose »
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Silver Pines

« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2017, 11:06:07 pm »
A former Briagde Chaplain I'm friends with had a daughter with this kind of tumor.  She has had a couple surgeries...radiation the works.

She finally went through an experimental treatment and right now is in remission.

@txradioguy

I'll keep her in prayer.  Miracles can happen.

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2017, 01:34:58 am »
If he returns to the Senate in all likeliness it will be for a short period of time.

I think sometimes is just a matter of wanting to prove you can do it.  When my father had a stroke, he was determined to return to work.  He went through a lot of therapy and hard work, but he did eventually make it back to the office.  Once he'd done that, he retired a couple of months later.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra