Author Topic: The Army’s Substandard Ammo Magazine Needs to Go  (Read 374 times)

rangerrebew

The Army’s Substandard Ammo Magazine Needs to Go
« on: July 19, 2017, 08:00:56 am »
The Army’s Substandard Ammo Magazine Needs to Go
by Austin Yack

July 18, 2017 4:00 AM

The Marines have officially switched over to a more reliable polymer magazine. Why won’t the Army do the same? At alarming rates, U.S. Army personnel are purchasing their own ammunition magazines prior to deployment. That’s because the Army’s official magazine, the Enhanced Performance Magazine (EPM), is far from reliable on the battlefield, and the soldiers know it. The Marine Corps and other branches of the U.S. military have made the switch to more-reliable polymer magazines. Why hasn’t the Army?

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/449569/army-ammunition-magazine-substandard-must-go

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: The Army’s Substandard Ammo Magazine Needs to Go
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2017, 09:51:30 am »
I noticed AK-74 mags are polymer, (and heavy). but those things are pretty durable.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis