Author Topic: Trump to pull feds out of K-12 education  (Read 4820 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Trump to pull feds out of K-12 education
« Reply #75 on: July 15, 2017, 03:09:38 am »
I'm sure you have noticed that many many times that is not good enough.

I've definately noticed that many refuse to try it!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #76 on: July 15, 2017, 03:19:34 am »
I've definately noticed that many refuse to try it!

Well, like I was trying to explain to someone several days ago, I quit my civil engineering job to become a stay at home mom.  My new role requires that I clean the house, cook food, do laundry, wash dishes, etc.  I don't think I should be given kudos for scrubbing toilets and showers.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #77 on: July 15, 2017, 03:26:59 am »
Well, like I was trying to explain to someone several days ago, I quit my civil engineering job to become a stay at home mom.  My new role requires that I clean the house, cook food, do laundry, wash dishes, etc.  I don't think I should be given kudos for scrubbing toilets and showers.

Perhaps not on a daily basis but you definately should be for making the decision to do it in the first place!  Just my humble opinion.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #78 on: July 15, 2017, 03:40:25 am »
Perhaps not on a daily basis but you definately should be for making the decision to do it in the first place!  Just my humble opinion.

Ok, good job to President Trump.  That should cover me for anything positive he may do in the future that he is supposed to be doing.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #79 on: July 16, 2017, 10:05:27 am »
First, for giving your children priority over another career: Kudos.

Second: Hygiene is important, keeping a clean house is important, clean clothes are important, clean dishes are important, well cooked and nutritious meals are important. (Anyone who doesn't think so, quit all that for a week).

You haven't farmed that out to someone else, but have taken on those aspects of raising your children, providing an example to the. Again, Kudos!

Why is it that so many people who deserve recognition and praise don't think so.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Joe Wooten

« Reply #80 on: July 16, 2017, 12:13:37 pm »

Good for you!! 34 years ago my wife quit her full time job to become a full time mom and has never regretted that decision. Being a mother was much more fulfilling than being the chief loan officer at a local bank.

Now, if we can just get some grandkids started.........
« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 12:14:23 pm by Joe Wooten »

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #81 on: July 16, 2017, 12:52:20 pm »
And I bet that CE background contributed mightedly to decisions made around the household over all those years.

Don't have regrets, just look toward the future.  Wait until the grandkids come, it will all be worth it many times over.

My sister did the same thing with her engineering job and wound up with 6 kids and now grandkids.  She would never change it for anything.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Joe Wooten

« Reply #82 on: July 16, 2017, 01:12:09 pm »
I've known dozens of female engineers over the years who gave up their careers to raise kids, and none of them have regretted the choice.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #83 on: July 16, 2017, 01:22:00 pm »
I've known dozens of female engineers over the years who gave up their careers to raise kids, and none of them have regretted the choice.

A young woman from our Church was a top notch geologist working for Exon prior to becoming a wife and now mother of two.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #84 on: July 16, 2017, 01:26:42 pm »

When Terri Land ran for senate in Michigan a few years ago she spoke of women like herself having had made personal choices that led to women making less than men. Feminists went ballistic but Land was correct that women take more time off work and should not be paid more to make up for it. She herself took a couple years off from her career to raise a child.