Author Topic: After 14 years, U.S. beef hits Chinese market  (Read 686 times)

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
After 14 years, U.S. beef hits Chinese market
« on: July 13, 2017, 12:39:51 am »

The Gazette
James Q. Lynch
Jul 12, 2017 at 3:47 pm

During his Senate hearing to be confirmed as ambassador to China, then-Gov. Terry Branstad said he would prefer to serve Iowa beef — not cuts from Australia — at the U.S. Embassy there.

He won’t get that wish yet, but the prime rib he slices into Friday when joined in Beijing by U.S. Department of Agriculture Secretary Sonny Perdue and Chinese government officials to ceremonially mark the return of U.S. beef to China after a 14-year ban will be from closer to home — Nebraska.

The meat shipped last week by a South Omaha meatpacker was reported to be the first shipment of U.S. beef to China since 2003 after officials sealed a long-sought trade deal this month.

“This is a big deal. It’s definitely very positive news,” said Lee Schulz, an Iowa State University Extension livestock economist.

(more)
http://www.thegazette.com/subject/news/business/agriculture/after-14-years-us-beef-hits-chinese-market-20170627
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

Re: After 14 years, U.S. beef hits Chinese market
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2017, 12:57:28 am »
BTW folks, I read another article that said that as part of the deal the US will allow imports of cooked chicken products from China.

Here's an article where USDA Sec Perdue says it's not a big deal:

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/06/27/inspectors-to-ensure-chinese-chicken-imports-safe-usdas-sonny-perdue.html

Personally, I'm going to stick to buying chicken hatched/raised/processed in the USA and cooking it myself.  YMMV.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2017, 01:45:26 am »
I think it's awesome for the U.S. beef producers that the Chinese can by their product..............the way prices have shot up I sure as hell can't afford it! **nononono* 8888crybaby

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2017, 01:51:11 am »
After a cancer diagnosis two years ago I've opted for pescatarian. I don't begrudge anybody eating the style that they choose. I can ultimately recommend, from personal experience, buying from a local organic (not US duh certified but a farm you've personally visited) farmer that has a personal interest in you and your family.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline Joe Wooten

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2017, 03:50:40 pm »
the way prices have shot up I sure as hell can't afford it! **nononono* 8888crybaby

Yeah, the wife has a real beef with that.......

Wingnut

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2017, 04:16:41 pm »
He finally found his market!