Author Topic: My printer robbed me  (Read 2642 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
My printer robbed me
« on: July 11, 2017, 10:47:09 pm »
My printer, which I thought was Ole Reliable, stopped printing.

Network problem? No.

Paper jam? No.

Self Tests run OK and shows that I have 15% of toner left and have printed 4935 pages since I replaced the toner.

I remember when I bought the toner, it said 6,000 pages. Well, it said up to 6,000.

Since I tried everything else, as cheap as I am, I broke down and bought another toner cartidge.

So now its printing fine again.

That old  cartridge worked for me for 3 yrs 7 months. That remaining 15% should have given me another 7 months of printing at my usage.

I was robbed!

Wingnut

Re: My printer robbed me
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2017, 11:07:03 pm »
Welcome to the real world (he said condescendingly) 

:beer:

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2017, 11:33:00 pm »
My HP wants new cartridges again.  Funny how they all run out at the same time when I print almost everything in black.  And I don't think I've printed anywhere near 6,000 pages in my life, let alone on a set of cartridges.  I'm going to try a generic brand this time.  If that doesn't work, I'll watch for a sale and pick up the new HP cartridges in a new printer box, since it's sometimes cheaper that way.  Bastages.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline endicom

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2017, 11:33:36 pm »
Keep on druckin'.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2017, 11:53:21 pm »
Let me guess. You are still running an IBM green bar printer from the 70's....

Wingnut

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2017, 12:04:07 am »

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2017, 12:08:07 am »
I ran a Laserjet 4 for I can't remember how many years. It was still going strong when I replaced it about 5 years ago with my current Laserjet 1320. It shows its only printed 108389 pages. I picked it up when Harris County auctioned it off.

Offline ConstitutionRose

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2017, 12:44:26 am »
I ran a Laserjet 4 for I can't remember how many years. It was still going strong when I replaced it about 5 years ago with my current Laserjet 1320. It shows its only printed 108389 pages. I picked it up when Harris County auctioned it off.

Laserjet 4 was the best workhorse of a printer ever made.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2017, 12:50:39 am »
My keyboard tried to rob me once. Once!
« Last Edit: July 12, 2017, 12:52:10 am by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline ConstitutionRose

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2017, 12:51:59 am »
My HP wants new cartridges again.  Funny how they all run out at the same time when I print almost everything in black.  And I don't think I've printed anywhere near 6,000 pages in my life, let alone on a set of cartridges.  I'm going to try a generic brand this time.  If that doesn't work, I'll watch for a sale and pick up the new HP cartridges in a new printer box, since it's sometimes cheaper that way.  Bastages.

I gave up on retail level inkjet printers when I realized that it cost more to buy ink cartridges than I paid for the printer.  The printers are disposable.  They make their money off the ink cartridges.  It costs more to buy a business level laser jet, but the toner lasts in our business for more than a year.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2017, 07:16:30 pm »
I trashed my inkjet for a cheapo $80 laser multifunction 21 months ago. The "starter" cartridge that came with it has outlasted at least 2 sets of those old ink cartridges. Without a low-toner warning yet, I figure it'll be good for another 6 months at least...
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA