Author Topic: Texas triggers plan to ‘open the floodgates’ for states to defund Planned Parenthood  (Read 442 times)

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

The Washington Times
By Bradford Richardson
Monday, July 10, 2017

With the effort to defund Planned Parenthood stalled at the federal level, Texas is spearheading a plan that could “open the floodgates” for states to strip taxpayer dollars from the abortion giant one by one.

Gov. Greg Abbott, a Republican, sent a first-of-its-kind waiver to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services on June 28 asking the agency to approve federal funding for a state-administered family planning program that excludes abortion providers and their affiliates from participation.

If the Trump administration approves the request, Texas Right to Life legislative director John Seago said, it could set off a chain reaction of copycat programs in red states across the nation.

“For the majority of states that want to provide family planning services without sending taxpayer dollars to the abortion industry, that’s a win-win solution,” Mr. Seago said. “Republicans do want a strong network for women’s health services, and the prospect that you can do that while protecting life is something that I think a lot of states would jump on board with.”
CMS will take public comment until Aug. 4 before deciding whether to approve the request.

Texas launched the Women’s Health Program, now called Healthy Texas Women, in 2007 with the goal of reducing

(more)
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/jul/10/texas-triggers-plan-to-defund-planned-parenthood-a/
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Joe Wooten

Go Texas! defund them and let the ear-piercing shrieking start!