Author Topic: Carlson Slams Woodhouse For Saying Western Civilization, Christian Values Are ‘Dog Whistles to White Nationalists’  (Read 462 times)

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Carlson Slams Woodhouse For Saying Western Civilization, Christian Values Are ‘Dog Whistles to White Nationalists’

Leah Barkoukis  Posted: Jul 11, 2017 7:30 AM

Former DNC communications director Brad Woodhouse and Fox News’s Tucker Carlson got into a heated exchange Monday over President Trump’s Warsaw speech and the superiority of Western civilization.

“Sebastian Gorka, he talked about the speech before it was given. He said it was a speech that extolled Western civilization, which is fine, and Christian values. But those two terms put together are a dog whistle to white nationalists. What you’re really talking about is Christian, European, and white,” Woodhouse argued.

Trump declared during his speech that the “West will never, ever be broken, our values will prevail, our people will thrive and our civilization will triumph."

Carlson, trying to focus the interview, told Woodhouse to “stop with the propaganda.”

“Let’s just deal with the text of the speech,” Carlson said. “If you’re a leader of Western civilization you ought to believe it’s superior.”

He then posed a simple question to Woodhouse: Is Western culture superior to other cultures in the Middle East, for example, that espouse sharia law and theocracy. 

“I can’t say that because I don’t believe some of the things you’re saying. I don’t believe that people are bringing sharia law into the United States,” Woodhouse responded. “I don’t think the only people who are worthy of being American or being in Western civilization are Christian.”

snip - video at link

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/leahbarkoukis/2017/07/11/during-interview-carlson-asks-former-dnc-comms-director-what-the-hell-hes-talking-about-n2353242
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Another case of a democrat suggesting that Trump is a Nazi, or the equivalent.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Meanwhile, Woodhouse preaches leftist values that are dog whistles for megalomaniacal, genocidal, global collectivists.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2017, 01:29:37 am by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I'm white (if you see me, that's obvious).

And I'm a believer in American exceptionalism. Sumthin' of a "nationalist", I suppose.

So... what does that make me?

Do you think I care if you put those two words together to describe me?

I'll be -pleased- when you do!

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I think we can tolerate some of any culture that ultimately doesn't want to murder or subjugate us.

Oops. Islam didn't make the cut.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis