Author Topic: Trump Says He Is Trying To Get The Olympics To Come To LA  (Read 758 times)

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Trump Says He Is Trying To Get The Olympics To Come To LA
« on: July 11, 2017, 01:13:41 pm »

Daily Caller
ALEX PFEIFFER
10:36 PM 07/10/2017

President Donald Trump tweeted Tuesday morning that he is “working hard to get the Olympics” in Los Angeles.

“Working hard to get the Olympics for the United States (L.A.),” Trump tweeted. “Stay tuned!”

Both Paris and Los Angeles are vying to win the bids for the 2024 and 2028 summer Olympics. NBC reported Monday that a deal could be met between the two cities as soon as Tuesday. The official decision will come in September in Lima, Peru.

(more)
http://dailycaller.com/2017/07/10/trump-says-he-is-trying-to-get-the-olympics-to-come-to-la/
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Night Hides Not

Re: Trump Says He Is Trying To Get The Olympics To Come To LA
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2017, 01:17:21 pm »
Good news, depending on your starting point, Texas is 750-1600 miles away.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2017, 01:23:00 pm »
The Olympics need to be modernized and broken up.

Cities that can afford to host single events or sets of events without federal tax dollars should do so. We have these things in space called satellites that can broadcast any event from any place at any time.

Breaking up the Olympics would also be a great way of bringing the games to the masses.

Wingnut

Re: Trump Says He Is Trying To
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2017, 01:27:09 pm »
Get The Olympics To Come To LA?

Why not.  It is a 3rd world paradise.  Most countries will feel right at home.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2017, 01:30:29 pm »
The next contender is Paris. But with all the violence and terrorism there these days, it is unlikely they will win it. I would never recommend starting any business or enterprise in all of those recently turned Islamic European States. Too dangerous.

I'd feel more comfortable having the Olympics in Beirut, Lebanon than Paris.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2017, 01:34:31 pm »
We don't want the Olympics. All it does it set up a system for corrupt pols and the IOC to cash in on govt' money.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2017, 01:48:45 pm »
The Olympics need to be modernized and broken up.

Cities that can afford to host single events or sets of events without federal tax dollars should do so. We have these things in space called satellites that can broadcast any event from any place at any time.

Breaking up the Olympics would also be a great way of bringing the games to the masses.

They kinda did that back in 84 IIRC when the Olympics were in LA the last time.  I know the sailing events were down in San Diego and some of the other sporting events were held in already built facilities in the greater SoCal area.

The U.S. unlike most areas of Europe and South America have so many ready built facilities already in place for the Olympics you'd think it would be an easy choice.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2017, 02:17:35 pm »
They kinda did that back in 84 IIRC when the Olympics were in LA the last time.  I know the sailing events were down in San Diego and some of the other sporting events were held in already built facilities in the greater SoCal area.

The U.S. unlike most areas of Europe and South America have so many ready built facilities already in place for the Olympics you'd think it would be an easy choice.

Even a city like Detroit would easily win the right to host a fairly diverse number of events. Gotta figure there's a brand new arena for ice events plus Ford Field and Comerica park for track and field events all within a quarter mile. Even rowing on the river. (The record holding highest scoring ice dancing gold medalists are from Detroit)

Skiing events would obviously go to mountain states.

The thing is that I'm never going to travel to Japan of France or even LA to watch an Olympic event but I might just drive to Detroit to watch an event or two.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2017, 05:18:13 pm »
Even a city like Detroit would easily win the right to host a fairly diverse number of events. Gotta figure there's a brand new arena for ice events plus Ford Field and Comerica park for track and field events all within a quarter mile. Even rowing on the river. (The record holding highest scoring ice dancing gold medalists are from Detroit)

Skiing events would obviously go to mountain states.

The thing is that I'm never going to travel to Japan of France or even LA to watch an Olympic event but I might just drive to Detroit to watch an event or two.
AND.............like Chicago they already have shooting venues throughout the city!

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2017, 05:46:46 pm »
"not that I have anything against Germany"

- Sheila Jackson Lee, after Obama's efforts to land the Olympics failed.