Author Topic: Teen dies from using cellphone while taking a bath  (Read 704 times)

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Teen dies from using cellphone while taking a bath
« on: July 11, 2017, 12:27:46 pm »

The NY Post
By Jackie Salo
July 10, 2017 | 10:34pm

A Texas teen died Sunday morning while using her cellphone in a bathtub, according to reports.

Madison Coe, 14, was electrocuted taking a bath at her father’s home in Lovington, New Mexico, news station KCBD reported.

Relatives told KCBD that the accident was caused either when she plugged in her phone while in the bathtub or grabbing the phone as it was being charged.

(more)
http://nypost.com/2017/07/10/teen-dies-from-using-cellphone-while-taking-a-bath/
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Wingnut

Re: Teen dies from using cellphone while taking a bath
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2017, 12:40:02 pm »
 Everyone should take showers.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2017, 01:48:05 pm »
The only way this could happen is if she was plugging in the phone to the outlet with dripping wet hands. The outlet would have to be without a GFCI installed. Her feet were wet completing the circuit.

Regardless of what the headline is implying, the cellphone did not electrocute her, the outlet did. A cellphone doesn't have even one hundredth of the amount of power it takes to kill someone.

This should be an alert to everyone to check your outlets in the bathroom, over the sink in the kitchen, and generally anywhere there is water, and make sure they are GFCI outlets. It could save a life.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2017, 03:06:52 pm »
Once worked for a lawyer who defended against product liability lawsuits.  Now this girl may have been too young to know better, but I've seen cases of grownups who were electrocuted while using an appliance in a bath or shower. You have to be really stupid to try to dry your hair while sitting in a tub of water, but some morons have done it and their estates successfully sued the appliance manufacturers because they failed to warn consumers about the dangers. That's why nowadays you read these idiotic warning labels on appliances telling you not to use them in the bath.  Well, duh!  But we have to protect stupid people from themselves.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2017, 03:10:24 pm »
"This should be an alert to everyone to check your outlets in the bathroom, over the sink in the kitchen, and generally anywhere there is water, and make sure they are GFCI outlets. It could save a life."

When I bought my house, my brother, the electrical engineer, installed GFIs in the kitchen, bath and laundry area.  My state now requires them in new construction, but not in existing properties.

@240B

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2017, 03:13:25 pm »
First off, it is almost universal to have GFI outlets in all kitchen and baths. Secondly the amount of electricity coming out of a phone charger is low amps/low voltage. I think my Samsung S7 is around 5 volts.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2017, 03:16:22 pm »
Everyone should take showers.
Cold showers for you!  :smokin:  @Wingnut

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2017, 03:23:07 pm »
Perfect click bait article.   Peaked my interest too, until I realized 110 was involved.

Chalk this one up poor upbringing.  Any 14 y.o. who thinks an electrical cord and a standing water are a good mix....  Well..........
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.