Author Topic: Wash Post: Evidence Says Russia Helping NKorea Missile Program (Newsmax)  (Read 687 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Wash Post: Evidence Says Russia Helping NKorea Missile Program

The Washington Post

By Eric Mack   |   Sunday, 09 Jul 2017 02:46 PM

There is evidence to suggest North Korea's burgeoning intercontinental ballistic missile program, supposedly hampered by sanctions and the lack of an open market for weapons, might be aided by Russia, if not smugglers on the black market, The Washington Post reported.

Michael Elleman, a weapons expert and former Pentagon consultant, has studied North Korea's now-rapidly advancing ICBM program, spotting eery similarities to the Soviet Union's RD-250s, according to the Post.

"It shocked me," Elleman told the paper. "It seemed to come out of nowhere.

"It would mean that North Korea had a wider procurement network in the former Soviet Union than we had thought. My first question would be, 'What else have they got?'"

Continued: http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/ICBMs-missiles-nuclear-weapons/2017/07/09/id/800650/

Putin comes off looking good often, that's why he has a lot of fans in the US and around the world but you've got to be very cautious and watchful of the Russian leaders.

Offline Suppressed

There is evidence to suggest North Korea's burgeoning intercontinental ballistic missile program, supposedly hampered by sanctions and the lack of an open market for weapons, might be aided by Russia, if not smugglers on the black market, The Washington Post reported.

Doesn't surprise me. Where there's a buyer, there's a seller.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn