Author Topic: The Foolishness of Never Trumpers  (Read 23737 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Re: The Foolishness of Never Trumpers
« Reply #200 on: July 11, 2017, 08:03:31 pm »
@txradioguy

The intersection is that "visceral reaction" was being used to support the idea that homosexuality is unnatural.  I've demonstrated that the phenomenon does not support that conclusion.  I hope you can see that and will withdrawn your accusation of intellectual dishonesty, as I take that very seriously.

I take it very seriously too.  So let me restate that to try and compare gay "rights" and gay "marriage" to the struggle Blacks or any minority ethnic group went through to attain equality in this country is intellectually dishonest.

"Right" and "wrong" defined by whom?

Who is the arbiter of "deviant"?

God.

You want new Testament or Old Testament passages to show what is right and what is wrong about homosexuality?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #201 on: July 11, 2017, 08:07:20 pm »
I take it very seriously too.  So let me restate that to try and compare gay "rights" and gay "marriage" to the struggle Blacks or any minority ethnic group went through to attain equality in this country is intellectually dishonest.

The discussion was on visceral reactions, not racial struggles, etc.  Trying to change the subject is a red herring that's been sitting out in the sun for days.

Talk about intellectual dishonesty.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #202 on: July 11, 2017, 08:08:46 pm »
@txradioguy

The intersection is that "visceral reaction" was being used to support the idea that homosexuality is unnatural.  I've demonstrated that the phenomenon does not support that conclusion.  I hope you can see that and will withdrawn your accusation of intellectual dishonesty, as I take that very seriously.

How about the fact that only 1-2% of the population participates in it?    If it were natural wouldn't it be in the center of the bell curve?
Or that since it prevents reproduction?

Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Silver Pines

« Reply #203 on: July 11, 2017, 08:10:34 pm »
Exactly my point.

Yet go back 100 years, and you would have a significant portion of the population who would feel physically sick and angry.  But that revulsion wasn't something inherent.

Just because some people feel uncomfortable with homosexuality (and I admit having that reaction at one time, and to some extent now) doesn't mean it's an integral part of us.

@Suppressed

I think it does, though.  Two men all over each other kissing is gross.  It just is.  It makes you want to look away because of the feeling you get in your gut. There's nothing wrong with acknowledging it, and it has nothing to do with a lack of compassion for gay people.  I've known some gay guys who were really sweet people.

You know, I don't think I'm ready to agree that older generations' reactions to interracial couples was the same.  I'm sure some were ticked off, but that was about it.

I

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #204 on: July 11, 2017, 08:10:52 pm »
The discussion was on visceral reactions, not racial struggles, etc.  Trying to change the subject is a red herring that's been sitting out in the sun for days.

Talk about intellectual dishonesty.

I'm not changing anything.  You brought race into it with your talk of inter-racial marriages. And how people reacted to them 50-60 years ago.

Trying in any way to equate race and sexual preference is dishonest in any way shape or form.

Keep your red herring...I don't need it.  You seem to be fishing with it quite well.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #205 on: July 11, 2017, 08:20:32 pm »
@Jazzhead

Wanna bet?  I'll bet your membership on TBR that you're 100% wrong.

And what will you bet in return?
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #206 on: July 11, 2017, 08:21:28 pm »
And what will you bet in return?

I'll put the same thing on the line.

Offline corbe

« Reply #207 on: July 11, 2017, 08:31:47 pm »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Mom MD

« Reply #208 on: July 11, 2017, 09:21:02 pm »
@txradioguy

For me and my house the arbiter of deviant is the God of Abraham Isaac and Jacob and His only begotten Son as revealed in the Bible.
God is still in control

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #209 on: July 11, 2017, 09:54:55 pm »
For me and my house the arbiter of deviant is the God of Abraham Isaac and Jacob and His only begotten Son as revealed in the Bible.

One here insists that such declarations of deviancy from the bible are 'myth- based".
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Mom MD

« Reply #210 on: July 11, 2017, 10:32:59 pm »
One here insists that such declarations of deviancy from the bible are 'myth- based".

Their choice.  My standard stands and is eternal.  I do not bend to popular opinion or changing societal acceptance and never will.  That will sooner rather than later leave me and those who believe as I do a persecuted hated minority.  So be it.
God is still in control

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #211 on: July 11, 2017, 10:53:08 pm »
Their choice.  My standard stands and is eternal.  I do not bend to popular opinion or changing societal acceptance and never will.  That will sooner rather than later leave me and those who believe as I do a persecuted hated minority.  So be it.

Yes.  And having seen what real persecution looks like up close and personal - I would say the vast majority of Americans are not ready to endure what I saw and was grieved to experience.

And, you are correct to indicate that those who want to declare the eternal words of Life a 'myth', is absolutely their choice.

My problem with said individual is the they lie about who and what they really are.

I do not believe they are confused or ignorant.  I believe they are deliberately deceitful for a nefarious purpose.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #212 on: July 11, 2017, 11:19:15 pm »
@Jazzhead

Wanna bet?  I'll bet your membership on TBR that you're 100% wrong.

This is just plain wrong and I don't like it...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #213 on: July 11, 2017, 11:28:32 pm »
This is just plain wrong and I don't like it...

Well someone needs to teach him not to let his alligator mouth write checks his twenty bird butt can't cash.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #214 on: July 11, 2017, 11:34:36 pm »
I'd have no problem with that.

IMO when you go to a JP to get married as opposed to a minister or a priest in a church you're entering into a civil union.

That's why we had 2 wedding ceremonies.  First by the judge. Second by the priest.

Offline Mom MD

« Reply #215 on: July 11, 2017, 11:44:26 pm »
That's why we had 2 wedding ceremonies.  First by the judge. Second by the priest.

I think as Christians soon we will have a ceremony in front of clergy not recognized by the state.  Civil marriage separate and optional.  Seeing the mockery civil marriage is becoming I would opt out personally.  The covenant marriage is the only one that matters
God is still in control

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #216 on: July 11, 2017, 11:46:11 pm »
Well someone needs to teach him not to let his alligator mouth write checks his twenty bird butt can't cash.

No....that isn't up to you on this forum.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #217 on: July 12, 2017, 12:34:10 am »
No....that isn't up to you on this forum.

I understand that trust me :)

Besides...his silence proved my point.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #218 on: July 12, 2017, 05:55:30 am »

They are not 'myth based' but they are certainly open to interpretation and the Old Testament is very different from the New.

Christians are guided by the New Testament.  We respect the Old Testament but it contained a lot of cruelty and things we no longer advocate.

A lot of people cast stones while failing to remember Jesus' admonition to 'let he who is without sin cast the first stone.'
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #219 on: July 12, 2017, 07:27:26 am »
They are not 'myth based' but they are certainly open to interpretation and the Old Testament is very different from the New.

Christians are guided by the New Testament.  We respect the Old Testament but it contained a lot of cruelty and things we no longer advocate.

A lot of people cast stones while failing to remember Jesus' admonition to 'let he who is without sin cast the first stone.'

All you did was illustrate how biblically illiterate you are.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #220 on: July 12, 2017, 09:50:41 am »
All you did was illustrate how biblically illiterate you are.

Well then....take it to our RELIGIOUS category....OH WAIT!   That's right...we don't have one!

This thread isn't about the virtues of homosexuality, etc..

The subject of this thread is NEVER TRUMPERS.   And  THEIR "foolishness".   ^-^
« Last Edit: July 12, 2017, 09:51:40 am by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #221 on: July 12, 2017, 09:57:32 am »
Well then....take it to our RELIGIOUS category....OH WAIT!   That's right...we don't have one!

It hasn't been about that for the last hundred posts.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #222 on: July 12, 2017, 10:03:05 am »

Worth repeating .... 

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #223 on: July 12, 2017, 10:03:59 am »
It hasn't been about that for the last hundred posts.

Yeah, funny how that works, huh?    :whistle:

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #224 on: July 12, 2017, 10:21:36 am »
Yeah, funny how that works, huh?    :whistle:

We should consider starting a pool for the date this thread will be locked---not given a time out --- but locked. 

I'll go with July 20.   :laugh:

@DCPatriot