Author Topic: Never Trump Critics Look Foolish Today  (Read 2039 times)

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Never Trump Critics Look Foolish Today
« on: July 10, 2017, 06:04:33 pm »

Jeff Crouere   Jul 08, 2017 12:01 AM

During the 2016 election, the “Never Trump” conservative critics of Donald Trump predicted a catastrophe for the country if he was elected President. Well, as we approach the six-month anniversary, America is witnessing our most successful presidency since Ronald Reagan.

Contrary to worries from movement conservatives, the President assembled a stellar cabinet and appointed a solid strict constructionist, Justice Neil Gorsuch, to the Supreme Court.

He instituted a travel ban, upheld by the Supreme Court, on six majority Muslim countries that harbor terrorists and cannot provide adequate vetting of their citizens who want to visit the United States. While we await construction of the border wall, deportations of illegal aliens have increased and the flow of undocumented immigrants across the southern border has dropped dramatically.

The President is currently enjoying his second successful foreign trip. On his first overseas visit, he was greeted as a hero in Saudi Arabia and sternly warned Muslim leaders about the threat of radical Islamic terrorism. Fortunately, America now has a President who will speak the truth about the jihadist threat to civilization. In addition, Americans now can feel comfortable that their President will no longer apologize for their country, but will extol our virtues on foreign soil.

After his successful visit to the Middle East and the reestablishment of a close relationship with our biggest ally in the region, Israel, President Trump admonished our NATO allies to pay their fair share in military expenditures. This stern lecture was not well received by some NATO countries, but it was appreciated by leaders in Poland and other countries who are fulfilling their defense obligations.

As he embarked on his second foreign trip, it was quite fitting that the President’s first stop was in Poland, where he was given an enthusiastic welcome. At the G-20 summit, he finally met with Russian President Vladimir Putin and successfully negotiated a cease fire in Syria, while discussing other important topics such as the North Korean threat and cyber warfare. While the biased media focused on Russian interference in the 2016 election, President Trump focused on delivering results for the American people.

His significant foreign policy accomplishments notwithstanding, the biggest impact of President Trump has been on the nation’s economy. On Friday, the federal government announced another positive economic report. Last month, 222,000 jobs were created, significantly higher than economic forecasts. This year, the country is averaging 180,000 new jobs each month, much better than the average during the Obama years.

Last month, the unemployment rate held steady at a remarkable 4.4%. Wage growth edged upward 2.5% annually with the average work week increasing to 34.5 hours. In June, there were 160.1 million Americans in the labor force, an increase of 361,000 from the May report. Overall, the labor force participation rate improved to 62.8% as 94.8 million Americans are outside of the workforce, a decrease of 170,000 from last month.

https://townhall.com/columnists/jeffcrouere/2017/07/08/never-trump-critics-look-foolish-today-n2352109
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline truth_seeker

Re: Never Trump Critics Look Foolish Today
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2017, 06:07:41 pm »
A few words, from Realityville......

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2017, 06:17:00 pm »
Yeah we look like idiots.  :silly:

Guess it beats looking like a traitor.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2017, 06:27:15 pm »
A few words, from Realityville......

Indeed.

Hope they take the time to read it, and not simply react with the same old-same old.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Applewood

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2017, 06:28:53 pm »
Oh boy!  Another Trump cheerleading thread to keep the fans in a state of constant adoration . 

Funny.   I don't feel foolish at all.

Offline corbe

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2017, 06:37:17 pm »
   I don't look any more foolish today than I did yesterday and will likely look just as foolish tomorrow, to Trumpers.

This article, as provocative as it is, Title alone, is welcome here on TBR just as some of the Articles I post are-because the Owner and the mods believe in rational discourse and @truth_seeker I'll take this opportunity to thank you, sincerely, for contributing to what makes this place so Vibrant, entertaining and most of all enlightening. 
   NO. I DIDN'T READ IT!
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2017, 06:39:21 pm »
Funny.   I don't feel foolish at all.

That comes from not needing to change opinions multiple times per day to stay on the same page as the president.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2017, 06:45:37 pm »

Indeed.  Hope they take the time to read it, and not simply react with the same old-same old.

I do, too @DCPatriot

And thanks for posting this @truth_seeker

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2017, 06:54:03 pm »
What happened to the post with the picture of the little kid that thinks of Trump whenever he sees the American flag? Did the poster delete it because he/she realized it demonstrated the exact opposite of it's intent?
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2017, 07:09:36 pm »
Trump has done a number of good things outlined in this piece.  But it crosses the line into ignoring the facts.  There are some downsides to many of the "wins" listed, and we shouldn't put on blinders and ignore them.

Contrary to worries from movement conservatives, the President assembled a stellar cabinet

...and then undercuts them.

On his first overseas visit, he was greeted as a hero in Saudi Arabia and sternly warned Muslim leaders about the threat of radical Islamic terrorism.

Then backtracked and sold arms to Qatar after accusing them of terror support.  And set the stage for destabilization by Saudi Arabia.

... President Trump admonished our NATO allies to pay their fair share in military expenditures. This stern lecture was not well received by some NATO countries,

...who promptly announced they were going to move closer to China.

important topics such as the North Korean threat and cyber warfare. While the biased media focused on Russian interference in the 2016 election, President Trump focused on delivering results for the American people.

Results like continued progress by the North Koreans on ICBMs.

I don't have a problem with Trump's good qualities and his conservative successes.  I have a problem with ignoring the downsides.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2017, 07:29:18 pm »

Last month, the unemployment rate held steady at a remarkable 4.4%. Wage growth edged upward 2.5% annually with the average work week increasing to 34.5 hours. In June, there were 160.1 million Americans in the labor force, an increase of 361,000 from the May report. Overall, the labor force participation rate improved to 62.8% as 94.8 million Americans are outside of the workforce, a decrease of 170,000 from last month.

Hocus pocus numbers.

325,000,000 - Total population of USA
205,534,000 - Working age population of USA
160,100,000 - Americans in labor force (per the article) = 22.1% unemployment rate

Not that the numbers haven't improved, but why should I believe a word of this article?

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2017, 07:31:06 pm »
As for the cabinet.  How nice of Tillerson to praise Erdogan for his courage during the attempted coup.
Thousands arrested, another thousands disappeared.
Despots are our friend.  Right.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2017, 07:33:01 pm »
As for the cabinet.  How nice of Tillerson to praise Erdogan for his courage during the attempted coup.
Thousands arrested, another thousands disappeared.
Despots are our friend.  Right.

Wait, wait, the Rex Tillerson that just finished celebrations of homosexual pride month within a government organization?  MMmmhmmm.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2017, 07:33:14 pm »
What happened to the post with the picture of the little kid that thinks of Trump whenever he sees the American flag? Did the poster delete it because he/she realized it demonstrated the exact opposite of it's intent?

Seems to be some scrubbing going on.  :silly:

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2017, 07:53:35 pm »
Retail sales down
Auto sales down.
Large corporations laying off thousands in an attempt to reorganize and improve the bottom line.
In the northeast, unemployment is intractable.
Yes there are some areas where employment numbers ae up, but the overall picture is not promising.

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2017, 07:55:16 pm »
Seems to be some scrubbing going on.  :silly:

I clicked quote because I was going to post: But it's not a cult. When I did, the error message said that the post had been removed.  :silly:
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2017, 08:06:42 pm »
Hocus pocus numbers.

160,100,000 - Americans in labor force (per the article) = 22.1% unemployment rate

205,534,000 -160,100,00 = 22.1%

Many of those are teens  or college students, disabled, people who retired pre age 65 (read gov't workers who retired at age 53 with full pension) , people who stopped working temp (taking care of parent, people in between jobs because they quit).

Nearly every business in my area has help wanted signs.

I told @jmyrlefuller  I could get him a job at $20.00 + per hour or less than 2-3 hours and he never took me up on it.

@RoosGirl

Offline corbe

« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2017, 08:10:49 pm »
Hocus pocus numbers.

Not that the numbers haven't improved, but why should I believe a word of this article?

It's the same Labor Dept that gave us obummers glorious numbers for 8 years.   
   Meet the new Boss, same as the old Boss.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2017, 08:15:28 pm »
Retail sales down
Auto sales down.

US auto companies sold record # of new cars and trucks in 2015 and 2016. This is cyclical for car and truck sales. There have also not been a lot of new models or facelift of cars in the last few years so people are holding off.

New home construction is up..everything is cyclical.

@Rivergirl
« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 08:19:34 pm by mirraflake »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2017, 08:23:46 pm »

I don't have a problem with Trump's good qualities and his conservative successes.  I have a problem with ignoring the downsides.

That sums it up nicely, @Suppressed

I remember a whole lot of "hold his feet to the fire" promises in the run-up to the election.  Well, now's the time to do it.  But, that can't happen until we acknowledge that he might be veering off-course just a teeny-tiny bit.

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2017, 08:31:23 pm »

"Ignoring the downsides," is the last thing this site and its members, can be accused of.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2017, 08:32:56 pm »
"Ignoring the downsides," is the last thing this site and its members, can be accused of.

Now, come on - that's not even a good deflection.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2017, 08:36:32 pm »
I remember a whole lot of "hold his feet to the fire" promises in the run-up to the election.  Well, now's the time to do it.  But, that can't happen until we acknowledge that he might be veering off-course just a teeny-tiny bit.

@Sanguine
If they don't hold his feet to the fire, it just promotes more of his liberal side.  And yet they still heap on praise.  So I wonder whether they are true conservatives.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline corbe

« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2017, 08:36:51 pm »

You may have a point there @truth_seeker after all he is the President of the US and not related to Buddah.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2017, 08:53:13 pm »
@Sanguine
If they don't hold his feet to the fire, it just promotes more of his liberal side.  And yet they still heap on praise.  So I wonder whether they are true conservatives.

We have been told repeatedly that principles no longer matter and that Conservative principles do not win elections and cannot govern. 

So what do you think they really are?
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775