Author Topic: President Trump Stops to Pick Up Marine’s Hat – Twice  (Read 709 times)

rangerrebew

President Trump Stops to Pick Up Marine’s Hat – Twice

By Rusty | Featured Contributor | July 10, 2017 9:47AM

On a windswept Saturday night, President Trump stopped twice prior to boarding Marine One in an attempt to pick up a Marine’s hat that had blown away.

Trump was returning to Joint Base Andrews from the G20 Summit and his first meeting with Russian President Vladimir Putin, when he noticed the Marine’s hat lying on the ground.

He retrieved it, placed it on the Marine’s head, and gave him a few slaps on the arm.

http://thepoliticalinsider.com/trump-marine-ha/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=TPI-Newsletter-07-10-17-morning&utm_campaign=TPI_Morning_Newsletter_7_10_17&utm_content=4371d3fdbb69c3b8a6473c7b9fa19141&source=CI
« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 05:55:16 pm by rangerrebew »

rangerrebew

Re: President Trump Stops to Pick Up Marine’s Hat – Twice
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2017, 06:07:46 pm »
He didn't pick up anyone's hat.  He picked up the Marine's cover.  Obviously the author hasn't been in the military.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2017, 06:30:51 pm »
He didn't pick up anyone's hat.  He picked up the Marine's cover.  Obviously the author hasn't been in the military.

I still tell my wife they're "covers".

This is actually a pretty cool story, because it illustrates that Trump does not see ordinary people as beneath him, or unworthy of notice/consideration.  Trying to imagine Hillary making a similar attempt at kindness to a Lance Corporal...it would simply never happen.

Offline Joe Wooten

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2017, 07:10:50 pm »
I still tell my wife they're "covers".

This is actually a pretty cool story, because it illustrates that Trump does not see ordinary people as beneath him, or unworthy of notice/consideration.  Trying to imagine Hillary making a similar attempt at kindness to a Lance Corporal...it would simply never happen.

Yep. That is totally inline with stories I've heard about Trump over the years.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2017, 07:29:55 pm »

The Marine cover is a peaked cap -- a type of hat.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Wingnut

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2017, 07:33:54 pm »
Someone somewhere maybe even here, will find fault in Trumps actions before boarding M-1. 

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2017, 07:36:28 pm »
How did this Marines hat blow off? I thought they were screwed on?

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2017, 08:39:26 pm »
Trying to imagine Hillary making a similar attempt at kindness to a Lance Corporal...it would simply never happen.
I thought fiction was under a different thread.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

rangerrebew

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2017, 08:23:12 am »
How did this Marines hat blow off? I thought they were screwed on?

You can't put a screw in a jar(s)head. :silly: