Author Topic: No charges filed against Oklahoma man who shot, killed neighbor trying to drown twins  (Read 671 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
ADA, Okla. – It was a case that stunned residents in Pontotoc County earlier this year.

Last month, Cash Freeman rushed to a neighbor’s home in Ada after a 12-year-old girl ran to his house for help.

When he arrived at the girl’s home, he reportedly found Leland Foster attempting to drown 3-month-old twins in a bathtub. That’s when Freeman shot and killed Foster.

Freeman told NewsChannel 4 that when he saw what was happening in the bathroom, he did what he had to do to save the babies. However, he told us he was concerned that he could be in trouble.

“A reasonable person has the right to use deadly force in the defense of others, if that person’s belief is reasonable that that person is in imminent danger of great bodily harm or death,” said Jacqui Ford, a defense attorney with experience in self-defense law. “Sometimes, people must be stopped and, sometimes, homicide is the only way to stop them.”

Police questioned and released Freeman, but the district attorney was tasked with determining if the shooting was a criminal act.

While the case was being investigated, the court of public opinion supported Freeman.

“They better not file charges on that guy,” said Kathy Hart, who was dining in downtown Ada. “Because, he protected two innocent babies that couldn’t protect themselves. How can he be guilty of anything? He’s a hero. He should not be in trouble.”

“Even though a life was lost and that’s tragic in any case, in this case, two lives were saved that were innocent,” James Williams said. “He would be a hero in my book.”

A little more than a month after the shooting, officials say the case is closed.

On Thursday, the Pontotoc County District Attorney announced that the shooting was a ‘justifiable use of deadly force under Oklahoma Law.’

The investigative report states that the mother of the children credited Freeman with saving their lives, saying, “the neighbor saved their life and that she was glad that he did or they would have all been dead… Leland was going to drown the babies and the knife was meant for her.”

http://kfor.com/2017/07/06/no-charges-filed-against-oklahoma-man-who-shot-killed-neighbor-trying-to-drown-twins/
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline kidd

Good for Mr. Freeman.
He had to make a difficult decision on the spot.

The tragedy is now how a 12-yo girl, the babies and their mother will deal with the loss of an abusive father/husband,
rather than how a 12-yo girl and her mother would deal with the loss of two innocent babies and a murdering father/husband executed by the state.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 05:02:36 pm by kidd »

Wingnut

Whoa...that dude looks huge.  I don't think that neighbor was gonna talk him out of drowning those babies!
Justifiable homicide for sure.  Case dismissed.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
An uncommonly common-sense decision by the DA.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Whoa...that dude looks huge.  I don't think that neighbor was gonna talk him out of drowning those babies!
Justifiable homicide for sure.  Case dismissed.
Two shots were not enough to bring him down.  The third shot did.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Wingnut

I'm reminded of the Ron WHite story in situations like this.  He said "I didn't know how many of them it was going to take to whip my ass, but I knew how many they were going to use"

Same with bullets!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

Keep firing until the threat isn't a threat anymore. This time it took three shots. Next time it might only take one shot...or six.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
The dead perp who was doin' the drownin':

MOD: brought photo down to slightly less that galaxy-sized.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 02:08:53 am by Mod1 »