Author Topic: Senate Democrats hold blue slips, delay Trump’s federal judicial nominees  (Read 695 times)

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

The Washington Times
By Alex Swoyer
Sunday, July 9, 2017

No Democrat has yet returned a “blue slip” signaling acceptance of President Trump’s federal judicial picks — an ominous sign for Republicans, who fear it signals an upcoming attempt to slow-walk the administration’s plans to reshape the federal judiciary.
Democrats have suggested that blame lies with the White House. They say Mr. Trump’s aides haven’t done enough to consult with them before announcing nominations to fill federal appeals court vacancies.

The White House, though, said it has gone to great lengths to try to rope Democrats in early in the process, with frequent outreach, only to be met by dilatory tactics.

Mr. Levey said there is no hard and fast precedent on what qualifies as consultation.

“If you seem like you’re sincerely getting input from the senators, I think that counts as consultation,” said Mr. Levey. “I don’t think it’s fair to say there was no consultation just because a senator didn’t get their favorite.”

(more)
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/jul/9/senate-democrats-hold-blue-slips-delay-judicial-no/
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
The simple response:
Nuke the "blue slip".

It's that easy, guys.