Author Topic: Trump’s Son Met With Russian Lawyer After Being Promised Damaging Information on Clinton  (Read 829 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump’s Son Met With Russian Lawyer After Being Promised Damaging Information on Clinton

By JO BECKER, MATT APUZZO and ADAM GOLDMANJULY 9, 2017

President Trump’s eldest son, Donald Trump Jr., was promised damaging information about Hillary Clinton before agreeing to meet with a Kremlin-connected Russian lawyer during the 2016 campaign, according to three advisers to the White House briefed on the meeting and two others with knowledge of it.

The meeting was also attended by his campaign chairman at the time, Paul J. Manafort, and his son-in-law, Jared Kushner. Mr. Manafort and Mr. Kushner only recently disclosed the meeting, though not its content, in confidential government documents described to The New York Times.

The Times reported the existence of the meeting on Saturday. But in subsequent interviews, the advisers and others revealed the motivation behind it.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/09/us/politics/trump-russia-kushner-manafort.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017/07/plot-thickens-russian-lawyer-met-trump-team-denied-us-visa-entered-special-permission/

THE PLOT THICKENS=> Russian Lawyer Who Met with Trump Team Denied US Visa, Entered with Special Permission
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Suppressed

“I was detained for two hours by Heathrow Airport officials who specifically targeted me on the basis of the parole number that the United States Government had assigned to me. During this detention I was unjustifiably subjected to a strip search, for no apparent reason. I should not be subjected to such humiliation when I have been promised entry into the United States to defend against the scandalous accusations in this lawsuit on behalf of my clients.”

Natalia Veselnitskaya, the lawyer in question
« Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 10:49:26 pm by Suppressed »
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Online corbe

Quite a step up from the other Trump Son Lawyer, Jamie Gorlick:

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
If the sources aren't named, it is Fake News according to CNN
Countdown to Resignation

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist

If the sources aren't named its fake news according to Trumpers...........but don't you dare name the source also according to Trumpers.  :shrug:

Wingnut

Oh look.  the usual suspects with the Trump Hate boners swinging and missing...again.

Online corbe

Cruz Cheerleaders, show us just a little respect @Wingnut

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Suppressed

Donald Trump Jr. has confirmed the meeting, and originally said they had talked just about adoptions.  Then when the evidence was presented that he was caught lying, he admitted more.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/09/us/politics/trump-russia-kushner-manafort.html

But on Sunday, presented with The Times’s findings, he offered a new account. In a statement, he said he had met with the Russian lawyer at the request of an acquaintance from the 2013 Miss Universe pageant, which his father took to Moscow. “After pleasantries were exchanged,” he said, “the woman stated that she had information that individuals connected to Russia were funding the Democratic National Committee and supporting Mrs. Clinton. Her statements were vague, ambiguous and made no sense. No details or supporting information was provided or even offered. It quickly became clear that she had no meaningful information.”

He said she then turned the conversation to adoption of Russian children and the Magnitsky Act, an American law that blacklists suspected Russian human rights abusers. The 2012 law so enraged President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia that he halted American adoptions of Russian children.

“It became clear to me that this was the true agenda all along and that the claims of potentially helpful information were a pretext for the meeting,” Mr. Trump said.

So if his statement is true, then in a way, they mostly just talked about adoptions.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 12:32:56 am by Suppressed »
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Frank Cannon

Awesome. Another nothing story about Russia. No one cares anymore.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Once he discovered no damaging information was forthcoming, Patrick Bateman - a.k.a. Donald Trump, Jr - abruptly ended the meeting by saying, "I've got to return some videotapes."
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Wingnut

Awesome. Another nothing story about Russia. No one cares anymore.

Just the nevers...

Offline kevindavis007

I heard more details about this story.. A big nothing burger..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Oh look.  the usual suspects with the Trump Hate boners swinging and missing...again.

:beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald