Author Topic: Conservatives and NRA Silent as Trump Sends in Feds for Chicago Gun Grab  (Read 743 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Chicago police are keeping busy confiscating “illegal guns.” Last year through the summer, the confiscations were occurring at a rate of one every 59 minutes according to Chicago Police Department figures related by Mark Berman in an October 2016 Washington Post article. This summer, the Chicago police will have some assistance from the United States government in racking up impressive gun confiscation numbers....

http://theantimedia.org/trump-feds-chicago-gun-grab/

Offline Suppressed

Agreed that it shouldn't be an integrated effort, using feds to enforce state and local restrictions.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Yeah I'm not a particular fan of this, if anything because of the precedent and the possibility of major abuse.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Frank Cannon

The Feds have no business doing this. Sessions needs to find another hobby other that going after pot smokers and saving Rahm from himself. Let Chitcago burn.

Wingnut

It's chicago.    No one really gives a damn.  Maybe CNN can do a piece tomorrow.  Well if they are done explaining why they approve of doxing a reddit user.

But hey, wtf do I know.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 12:30:05 am by Wingnut »

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
It's chicago.    No one really gives a damn.  Maybe CNN can do a piece tomorrow.  Well if they are done explaining why they approve of doxing a reddit user.

But hey, wtf do I know.

It's really hard to care about these states and cities that have brought destruction upon themselves and now want to be 'helped' somehow.

Well, I don't think California has asked for help.  Maybe George Clooney will help them now that he has fled in terror from Europe.

What is the downside to the rest of the country if Chicago manages to collapse.  I mean, one is tempted to say 'good shooting' if the gangs kill each other.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Wingnut

Offline montanajoe

It's really hard to care about these states and cities that have brought destruction upon themselves and now want to be 'helped' somehow.

Well, I don't think California has asked for help.  Maybe George Clooney will help them now that he has fled in terror from Europe.

What is the downside to the rest of the country if Chicago manages to collapse.  I mean, one is tempted to say 'good shooting' if the gangs kill each other.

Well the downside is this is still a nation of fifty states. The feds and your orange god confiscating guns in a place you detest doesn't mean they wont be in a neighborhood near you.

That old saying they came for the ... and I did nothing comes to mind :shrug:

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil

This!

Feds should have no business going to a city where their 2nd amendment rights have been stolen from them.  When and if the city admits that their gun laws have given criminals the reign in their city, and reverse action then help can come.  If the answer is grabbing more guns, no.  No criminal or gang member abides by gun laws.  Law abiding citizens need to have the right to protect themselves.

And it was absolutely evident when the news reported 100 people shot in Chicago during the span of one night that gun laws do not work.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.