Author Topic: NY Times says blaming Palin for shooting was ‘an honest mistake’  (Read 890 times)

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

New York Post
By Kaja Whitehouse
July 7, 2017 | 10:04pm

Sarah Palin’s defamation lawsuit against The New York Times should be tossed because the paper made “an honest mistake” when it said she incited a 2011 shooting that severely wounded Arizona Rep. Gabby Giffords and killed six people, a lawyer for the Gray Lady said on Friday.

Sarah Palin sues NY Times for tying political ad to mass shooting
“There was an honest mistake in posting the editorial,” lawyer David Schultz told Manhattan federal Judge Jed Rakoff.

(more)
http://nypost.com/2017/07/07/linking-palin-ad-to-shooting-was-honest-mistake-ny-times/

Mistake: Yes
Honest: Not a Chance in hell

I think Palin could win this.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: NY Times says blaming Palin for shooting was ‘an honest mistake’
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2017, 10:11:07 pm »
Hang em high, make em wish they would die

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2017, 10:12:27 pm »
The NYT just wanted to add one more lie to the list.
It is a long list.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2017, 10:13:09 pm »
If that's their defense, they should cut the check now and save on attorney's fees.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2017, 10:14:37 pm »
'To err is human, to lie is the NYT"
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2017, 10:17:54 pm »
This would be a fantastic legal precedent if she wins, in terms of curtailing rampant 'fake news'. However, since all of this is being done in New York, the chances of Palin getting a fair trial there is very slim.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Oceander

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2017, 10:22:34 pm »
They knew full well what they were doing. That was no innocent mistake. 

Wingnut

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2017, 12:09:53 am »
They knew full well what they were doing. That was no innocent mistake.

It's okay.  They said they were sorry.   

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2017, 06:40:34 am »
The lawyer should be sued for using the words "honest" and "NY Times" in the same sentence.

Offline Hondo69

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2017, 06:53:54 am »
I'll bet given enough time and alcohol I could manufacture a story about Carlos Slim, part owner of the NY Times, that not only ties him to Russian hacking of computers but sounds semi-credible as well.  Toss in a few hot-button issues like cell phone data, stolen elections, Bill DeBlasio and Mexican cartels and the next thing you know Kathy Griffin will have his head on a platter.  If anyone ever decides to question my unnamed sources there's always the fallback excuse - just an honest mistake.  Never mind.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2017, 12:06:22 pm »
Toss in a few hot-button issues like cell phone data, stolen elections, Bill DeBlasio and Mexican cartels and the next thing you know Kathy Griffin will have his head on a platter.

Asleep ... tired ... or it malingers,

Stretched on the floor, here beside you and me.

Should I, after tea and cakes and ices,

Have the strength to force the moment to its crisis?

But though I have wept and fasted, wept and prayed,

Though I have seen my head (grown slightly bald) brought in upon a platter,

I am no prophet — and here’s no great matter;

I have seen the moment of my greatness flicker,

And I have seen the eternal Footman hold my coat, and snicker,

And in short, I was afraid.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2017, 12:11:10 pm »
This would be a fantastic legal precedent if she wins, in terms of curtailing rampant 'fake news'. However, since all of this is being done in New York, the chances of Palin getting a fair trial there is very slim.

Appeals all the up to the SCOTUS, will get her a payday.  Guaranteed!

(Thank you, President Trump)
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Hondo69

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2017, 01:42:30 pm »
Within minutes of the shooting of Gabby Giffords the media had already pinned the crime on Sean Hannity.  Few details were known in those first few minutes, except it was Hannity's fault according to CNN and other liberal outlets.

I remember exactly where I was at the time simply because as the developments unfolded it was such a shock to the system.  The few liberals among the small gathering of friends immediately went to their phones to follow events, then began repeating the lies they were reading.  These were well-educated, seemingly normal and friendly people acting just like brainwashed Germans right out of the 1930's.  When I mentioned that fact to one of the liberals he just gave me a puzzled look, failing to make the connection himself, then furiously went back to his phone to devour the next "news" story.

It all gave me the sense of witnessing a crime taking place right before my very eyes, a crime being committed by the media.  They deserve what they get in my opinion.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2017, 02:12:07 pm »
I happened to be in Phoenix when that happened. It was wild.

The "news" apparently discovered that the guy was a far-Left Clinton supporter, so they went into 'desperation' mode.

In the course of a couple of hours after the shooting, they had already gone down the entire list of all famous Republicans or Republican supporters to put the blame.

Rush Limbaugh was the first on I heard take the blame.
Then Sean Hannity.
Then Sarah Palin.
Then Bush.
But these were not the only ones offered up by the media as the shooter. Or the shooter's mentor. Or something?

They were literally going down a "Who's Who list" of Republicans and blaming all of them until they could find something/anything that would stick.

When they discovered Palin's graph with the rifle sights on it, she was deemed "it", in playground terms. And since all the Leftist media outlets work together, once Palin was deemed 'it', all the other media outlets reported it as if it was irrefutable, undeniable, fact. This issue is closed! The science is in! No need for any debate, as Leftists typically say.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 02:13:18 pm by 240B »