Author Topic: Liberal columnist suspended after cops release video proof his account of ‘scary’ traffic stop was a blatant lie  (Read 409 times)

rangerrebew

Liberal columnist suspended after cops release video proof his account of ‘scary’ traffic stop was a blatant lie
July 8, 2017 | Frieda Powers | Print Article   

A Missouri sheriff called out a newspaper columnist for sensationalizing a routine traffic stop.

Boone County Sheriff Dwayne Carey fired back at Columbia Daily Tribune’s now suspended columnist Bill Clark after a June 30 opinion piece in which Clark declared he was lucky he didn’t “get shot” and now knew how “minority motorists” must feel when getting pulled over by police.

“I’m lucky I didn’t get shot,” Clark, an 84-year-old white man,wrote. “Sirens wailed and when I stopped, two officers were out of the sheriff’s vehicle. When I reached over to turn off the radio and then take my wallet out of my pocket to produce the driver’s license and insurance card, I realized my hands were not at the top of my steering wheel. Danger lurked and official arrogance was to follow.”

http://www.bizpacreview.com/2017/07/08/liberal-columnist-suspended-cops-release-video-proof-account-scary-traffic-stop-blatant-lie-511435
« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 09:09:13 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline Suppressed

+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline SunkenCiv

• This is SunkenCiv.
  • I'm Junger than that now.
    • Gods, Graves, Glyphs (we're new)
IOW, he'll become a regular on one of the Demagogic Party's fake news discussion shows.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Gods, Graves, Glyphs forum (we're new) Darwin Central (posting as Ned Ludlam) my FR posts, SunkenCiv?, FR topic by nuconvert