Author Topic: ACLU Opposes Bill In Maine To Criminalize Female Genital Mutilation In Maine, Claims It Singles Out Muslims  (Read 1041 times)

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
weaselzippers
July 7 2017

[excerpt]

https://www.weaselzippers.us/347603-aclu-opposes-bill-to-criminalize-female-genital-mutilation-in-maine-claim-it-singles-out-muslims/

[SNIP]

State Rep. Sirocki said, “We know that FGM has been treated here in the state of Maine because I have the MaineCare billing codes and information to prove it.”

The bill, LD745 “An Act to Prohibit Female Genital Mutilation,” had six amendments submitted from the state House and Senate, but ultimately failed in a 74-73 vote on June 23.

The American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) in Maine said FGM legislation is not worth expanding the criminal code. They released a statement saying, “This bill is nothing more than an attempt to single out behavior that is commonly attributed to certain religious and ethnic communities as different from other forms of abuse.”
« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 06:01:54 pm by To-Whose-Benefit? »
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
I was thinking just yesterday that ACLU has done more harm than good over the years.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
American Communist (read Anarchist) Liberties Union
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
I was thinking just yesterday that ACLU has done more harm than good over the years.

Of course it has.  Female mutilation is abuse.  It also leads to other abuses by the extremists.  Spousal abuse.  Honor killings, punishments like public whipping or chopping off hands or fingers.  Pretty soon throwing people off building roofs or acid attacks.  If you allow one abuse it leads into others that are common among the very religious Muslims.  If they cannot assimilate into a free society and be governed by our Constitution they don't belong here.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
I'm at a loss for words right now. Disgust and anger are what I feel.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline SunkenCiv

• This is SunkenCiv.
  • I'm Junger than that now.
    • Gods, Graves, Glyphs (we're new)
This is one to touch off in the face of any nitwit friends on Facebook who insist on regurgitating their leftist drivel into their timelines.  Y'know, instead of just shutting off their feeds without defriending them (that's what I usually do).
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Gods, Graves, Glyphs forum (we're new) Darwin Central (posting as Ned Ludlam) my FR posts, SunkenCiv?, FR topic by nuconvert

Wingnut

Were is NOW or any other of the dozen other Feminazi orgs on this issue?   Nothing but crckets. 

Plus might I add.  Screw the ACLU.  Once again on the wrong side of an issue.

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
Gassing Jews singles out Nazi's.

Shaming murders singles out Muslims.

Inciting violence singles out Liberals.

The important thing however is to never discriminate against any group no matter how many people die.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Gassing Jews singles out Nazi's.

Shaming murders singles out Muslims.

Inciting violence singles out Liberals.

The important thing however is to never discriminate against any group no matter how many people die.
Turn it around. When any single, adult consenting male was free to marry any single adult consenting female that wasn't "fair".

With those people, it just boils down to not letting whoever they think should be allowed to do something to do it. The concept that laws against murder are unfair to murderers will be next.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline rodamala

The ACLU also opposes bills banning human sacrifice.  Discriminates against Aztecs.