Author Topic: First lady sent in to end Trump-Putin meeting  (Read 4164 times)

Offline libertybele

Re: First lady sent in to end Trump-Putin meeting
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2017, 04:54:16 pm »
Personal behavior and political maneuvers aren't the same thing.  Both men are legendary in the former and not in a positive way.

Perhaps, I'm misunderstanding your point, but are you saying that they had stellar personal behaviors but lacking with their political maneuvers?  If so, I strongly disagree.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline MOD8

« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2017, 05:00:18 pm »
simmer down

Offline libertybele

« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2017, 05:01:15 pm »
*****rollingeyes*****

(....because we don't have an eff-you emoji)

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2017, 05:07:09 pm »
Another innocuous thread going to shit. Top notch people.....

Online corbe

« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2017, 05:11:59 pm »
   It takes practice @Frank Cannon you've been conspicuously absent of late, Rehab?
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2017, 05:13:54 pm »
Perhaps, I'm misunderstanding your point, but are you saying that they had stellar personal behaviors but lacking with their political maneuvers?

No, I'm saying the direct opposite.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2017, 05:22:09 pm »
No, I'm saying the direct opposite.

Which would be stellar political maneuvers and poor behavior.  Got it.  LBJ's political maneuvers which created his so-called "Great Society" is exactly why we have the liberal mental midgets who are clueless, dependent on government and feel that they are owed. LBJ's behavior fits the ticket.  So far, I don't see any of that in Trump's behavior as President.  Secondly, he's not even served a year; very early to be judging him.

Thirdly, the actions of LBJ and JFK have absolutely nothing to do with justifying slurring our First Lady.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 05:24:19 pm by libertybele »

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2017, 05:24:32 pm »
   It takes practice @Frank Cannon you've been conspicuously absent of late, Rehab?

Jail. Outstanding "Mopery with Intent to Creep" warrants finally caught up to me.

Wingnut

« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2017, 05:26:38 pm »

Gonna poke the bear today Corbett! :silly:

Online corbe

« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2017, 05:30:26 pm »
   Found your Mugshot, what were you doing in Iowa, stalking an unfashionable woman that owed you money?

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2017, 05:31:10 pm »
Jail. Outstanding "Mopery with Intent to Creep" warrants finally caught up to me.

Hey ... good thing you have a team of lawyers on your payroll, or are they strictly for your Coca-Cola memorabilia? :whistle: :whistle:
« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 05:32:35 pm by libertybele »

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2017, 05:37:11 pm »
   Found your Mugshot, what were you doing in Iowa, stalking an unfashionable woman that owed you money?

Nah. Got caught peeking in Chuck Grassley's bathroom window.

Offline edpc

« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2017, 05:37:48 pm »
Which would be stellar political maneuvers and poor behavior.  Got it.  LBJ's political maneuvers which created his so-called "Great Society" is exactly why we have the liberal mental midgets who are clueless, dependent on government and feel that they are owed. LBJ's behavior fits the ticket.  So far, I don't see any of that in Trump's behavior as President.  Secondly, he's not even served a year; very early to be judging him.

Thirdly, the actions of LBJ and JFK have absolutely nothing to do with justifying slurring our First Lady.

I drew the distinction between policy and behavior.  The Great Society program is irrelevant to the discussion.  Never mentioned Melania, either, so that's also immeterial to what I said.  Finally, you are who you are at his point in life, as were his 44 precedents.  Assuming the office didn't change them from good to bad, or vice-versa.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2017, 05:58:07 pm »
I drew the distinction between policy and behavior.  The Great Society program is irrelevant to the discussion.  Never mentioned Melania, either, so that's also immeterial to what I said.  Finally, you are who you are at his point in life, as were his 44 precedents.  Assuming the office didn't change them from good to bad, or vice-versa.

The Great Society was one of LBJ's most destructive political maneuvers on our society, so I don't see that as irrelevant. At any rate, you brought him up to begin with not I. This thread is about the First Lady. My reaction to a derogatory comment about her is when you commented and compared Trump to LBJ and JFK....which really was off topic.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #39 on: July 08, 2017, 06:06:16 pm »
The Great Society was one of LBJ's most destructive political maneuvers on our society, so I don't see that as irrelevant. At any rate, you brought him up to begin with not I. This thread is about the First Lady. My reaction to a derogatory comment about her is when you commented and compared Trump to LBJ and JFK....which really was off topic.

IMO, it takes second fiddle to:

Barack Obama's political maneuver....Open Southern border and conspiring with HIS Homeland Securty to allow the flood of Muslim single men from?  Who the hell knows?

The Obama Administration, by itself, is at the top of any list in terms of a destructive political maneuver to our society.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 06:07:00 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #40 on: July 08, 2017, 06:09:28 pm »

LOL!   Strange....I watched that for far too long.     :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #41 on: July 08, 2017, 06:36:38 pm »
First lady sent in to end Trump-Putin meeting
By Josh Delk - 07/07/17 02:23 PM EDT

First lady Melania Trump was sent in to try and end the meeting between President Trump and Russian President Vladimir Putin at the G-20 summit, which had run significantly long, Secretary of State Rex Tillerson said on Friday.

U.S. officials sent in the first lady to end the scheduled 30-minute meeting when it had run for more than an hour. Melania was unsuccessful, and the meeting ended up running for 2 hours and 16 minutes.

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/341013-first-lady-sent-in-to-end-trump-putin-meeting

I don't see the harm in this meeting being extended.  Unless everyone had something more important than the two main leaders of the world conversing.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #42 on: July 08, 2017, 07:13:49 pm »
Couth?  That just the ways guys talk.  Nothing burger.
Back when I was just a lad of 16 I was schooled in the difference between guy talk and girl talk. I worked in a restaurant with twenty plus college age young ladies, they taught me that even guys locker room talk ain't got nothin on the girls when they get together talking less then shall we say, polite?

And sorry but I really don't see the big issue with comments, pretty mild, especially compared to what our Commander in Chief has a history of making himself.

The man is just our President, a man, nothing more.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #43 on: July 08, 2017, 07:41:52 pm »
Is that supposed to be a joke?  He's in a triple header battle with JFK and LBJ for second most crass individual to occupy the Oval Office in the modern era.  Clinton is clearly in first.

I'd put LBJ in first.  JFK and even BJ did bad things with a little more class.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #44 on: July 08, 2017, 07:44:18 pm »
Definitely not a joke at all.  Take a close look at his demeanor among dignitaries and statehoods; he handles himself much differently and takes things much more seriously than when he wards off the ugliness from the MSM and the false accusations from the left. Yes there are times when he acts like a 5th grade bully, but he deserves credit where credit is due and I still am extremely grateful that we don't have the pantsuit lady as our leader. 

Comparing him to LBJ is an absolute utter disgrace.  I don't see this President deliberately trying to keep people downtrodden in order to get their vote; quite the opposite.

The sexist remark about our FLOTUS quite frankly, I found offensive and uncalled for.

You are quite right @libertybele but some words just seem to turn all threads into a pile of donkey doo doo.

Guys just can't resist trying to outgross each other.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #45 on: July 08, 2017, 07:58:38 pm »
Back when I was just a lad of 16 I was schooled in the difference between guy talk and girl talk. I worked in a restaurant with twenty plus college age young ladies, they taught me that even guys locker room talk ain't got nothin on the girls when they get together talking less then shall we say, polite?

And sorry but I really don't see the big issue with comments, pretty mild, especially compared to what our Commander in Chief has a history of making himself.

The man is just our President, a man, nothing more.

I'm sorry you experienced that.  My father nor my husband ever felt the need to display macho by crude comments.

I hate the way people talk now and I do it also.  I guess we can't put that particular genie back into the box but I wish we could.

Offline edpc

« Reply #46 on: July 08, 2017, 08:42:55 pm »
I'd put LBJ in first.  JFK and even BJ did bad things with a little more class.

Sorry, gotta disagree.  The cigar incident and 'presidue' in the Oval Office top them all.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #47 on: July 08, 2017, 08:54:02 pm »
Sorry, gotta disagree.  The cigar incident and 'presidue' in the Oval Office top them all.

Yeah, guess you're right. 

Silver Pines

« Reply #48 on: July 08, 2017, 09:54:38 pm »
Obviously someone needs a quick lesson on being couth.    :shrug:     A little respect for the POTUS and FLOTUS at this juncture is deserved.

@libertybele

They're still public servants.  I like Melania as much as anyone, but I'm not going to elevate her on a pedestal.  She's not a queen.  As for Trump, come on.  We know what kind of man he is.

Silver Pines

« Reply #49 on: July 08, 2017, 09:56:53 pm »

The sexist remark about our FLOTUS quite frankly, I found offensive and uncalled for.

@libertybele

Sexist?

Really?