Author Topic: The U.S. Air Force's Unique Climate Testing Lab Has Blown Up  (Read 598 times)

rangerrebew

The U.S. Air Force's Unique Climate Testing Lab Has Blown Up
A high flammable chemical, methyl chloride, was involved, but may not have been the source of explosion.
By Joseph TrevithickJuly 5, 2017

The situation is still developing, but a massive explosion at the U.S. Air Force’s McKinley Climatic Laboratory at Eglin Air Force Base in Florida prompted officials to issue a shelter in place order and set up a safety cordon around the facility. The service says it is still assessing situation.

The incident occurred at approximately 10:00 AM, Eastern Standard Time and created a massive smoke cloud visible for miles around the base. The plume potentially contained the noxious chemical methyl chloride, according to authorities.

http://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/12159/the-u-s-air-forces-unique-climate-testing-lab-has-blown-up
« Last Edit: July 07, 2017, 07:11:57 am by rangerrebew »

Offline SunkenCiv

• This is SunkenCiv.
  • I'm Junger than that now.
    • Gods, Graves, Glyphs (we're new)
Re: The U.S. Air Force's Unique Climate Testing Lab Has Blown Up
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2017, 05:06:05 pm »
Hey, I have an alibi.  ;)
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Gods, Graves, Glyphs forum (we're new) Darwin Central (posting as Ned Ludlam) my FR posts, SunkenCiv?, FR topic by nuconvert

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2017, 05:15:17 pm »
Why can't they just huff nitrous like normal people?
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2017, 05:16:23 pm »
Somebodies in deep doo doo, a massive unregulated release of refrigerant into the atmosphere? The EPA is gonna go berserk, they're the only ones allowed to destroy gaia with impunity!

Seriously here's hoping no one seriously injured or killed!

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2017, 08:12:29 am »
Methyl chloride? How about the IUPAC name, chloromethane?

It's a refrigerant. I'm guessing this was used as part of the testing being done on platforms like the F-35, so it would be a large refrigeration unit.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn