Author Topic: At Kennedy Space Center, Pence says Americans will walk on Mars  (Read 912 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
At Kennedy Space Center, Pence says Americans will walk on Mars

KENNEDY SPACE CENTER — Vice President Mike Pence on Thursday declared “a new era of American leadership in space” and vowed that astronauts launched from Florida’s Space Coast will someday walk on Mars.

“Here, from this bridge to space, our nation will return to the moon, and we will put American boots on the face of Mars,” Pence said.

Pence addressed several hundred NASA employees, guests and dignitaries during a tour of Kennedy Space Center, days after President Donald Trump named him to lead the relaunched National Space Council.

“Today, I come to assure you, the men and women of NASA, and all those at this gateway to the stars, where the aspirations of the American people have taken flight, that under President Donald Trump, America will lead in space once again,” he said.

Speaking inside its massive Vehicle Assembly Building, Pence called Kennedy Space Center “the heart and soul of our space program, where science fiction has become science fact for generations.”

Continued: http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/politics/political-pulse/os-mike-pence-nasa-kennedy-space-center-20170705-story.html

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Re: At Kennedy Space Center, Pence says Americans will walk on Mars
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2017, 09:19:12 am »
I wonder what Ray Bradbury would say if he was still with us.

I miss his writings.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: At Kennedy Space Center, Pence says Americans will walk on Mars
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2017, 08:06:26 pm »
Mars has been promised since the days of GHWB.  That's over 25 years now, so I think we can call it a "Perennial Promise."  Meanwhile, nothing has been done beyond Rovers and Low Earth Orbit projects that don't further the goal of deep-space.  Well, Muslim Outreach too.

(I don't want to down play the Rovers.  That's taken a lot of good work to get done.)
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: