Author Topic: Trump’s Warsaw Uprising  (Read 399 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump’s Warsaw Uprising
« on: July 06, 2017, 04:44:08 pm »

Trump’s Warsaw Uprising
By Roger Kimball July 6, 2017

If you want to know why Donald Trump will go down in history as a great president, listen to (or read, when it is available) his speech in Krasinski Square, Warsaw today.

Yes, there is a lot of the usual diplomatic persiflage: “Thank you, President Duda. Thank you, Poland.” But be an adult and distinguish the gem from the setting. While the anti-Trump press was busy running stories warning about “unease in Brussels” over Trump’s visit to Poland, Trump once again totally outflanked his critics.  Those who have ears, let them hear:

more
https://pjmedia.com/rogerkimball/2017/07/06/trumps-warsaw-uprising/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline thackney

Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Re: Trump’s Warsaw Uprising
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2017, 08:14:21 pm »
Honestly did not expect to get the chills I got reading that speech.  I'm sure the delivery wasn't great, but I've always valued content over delivery anyway.

A few parts of it really jumped out at me.  Great message in saluting the Poles for meeting NATO commitments -- it really helps clarify what he means when he's calling NATO to account.  Also very pleased and surprised to hear how strongly he pushed against bureaucracies, and in favor of individual liberty.  Very Reaganesque message.  And it was a nice touch by the speechwriter to point out the statues of Polish heroes in the U.S., and of Reagan in Poland.  Got chills at that point too.

What I liked the most was the full-throated defense of the West.  None of that wishy-washy, generic globalism, but a specific salute to what Europe and the West have achieved in history, and how it must be defended.

Loved it.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 08:15:05 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »