Author Topic: Senator Ted Cruz's Health Care Bill Amendment  (Read 895 times)

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Senator Ted Cruz's Health Care Bill Amendment
« on: July 06, 2017, 02:22:35 am »
House Freedom Caucus Chair Mark Meadows broke from withholding comment on the process in the upper chamber to say he is in favor of the health care bill currently making its way through the Senate…if the amendment introduced by Sen. Ted Cruz (R – Tex.) is a part of it.

Sen. Cruz's amendment would be a critical factor in creating competition, providing more choices, and ultimately bringing premiums down.

Cruz’s amendment would allow insurance companies to offer plans that did not meet certain Affordable Care Act requirements if they also offer plans that do.

In allowing such plans to be sold, insurers would ostensibly be able to offer more affordable plans to individuals who don’t necessarily need or want to pay for certain coverage.

http://www.redstate.com/prevaila/2017/07/05/cruzs-amendment-senate-health-care-bill-gets-approval-freedom-caucus-chair/

Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Fantom

Re: Senator Ted Cruz's Health Care Bill Amendment
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2017, 02:35:56 am »

This, at the very least must be part of any so called "repeal". Freedom and choice is what Ted brings. I knew I maxed to him for a reason.

All I need is a major medical plan.

Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline bilo

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2017, 02:36:32 am »
Hopefully more Pubs will get behind this amendment. I don't like the part about having to offer obamacare plans, but it's probably the only way to get liberal Pubs on board.

A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Fantom

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2017, 02:41:38 am »
Hopefully more Pubs will get behind this amendment. I don't like the part about having to offer obamacare plans, but it's probably the only way to get liberal Pubs on board.

I am cool with that. Particularly if they take away the subsidies. Even if they do not.... I will not..and have not, bought an obamacare plan.

I will buy a major medical/health savings plan.

Let the two visions collide.. let the marketplace decide.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 02:41:54 am by Fantom »
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline rodamala

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2017, 02:48:50 am »

Offline bilo

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2017, 02:51:42 am »

This, at the very least must be part of any so called "repeal". Freedom and choice is what Ted brings. I knew I maxed to him for a reason.

I am with you 100%.

I contributed to his campaign as well and will for his Senate run. We are lucky he and Mike Lee are in the Senate. At this point Sen. Cruz's amendment is out last best hope. Too many Pubs are weak kneed and won't vote for repeal, even though they were happy to run for election claiming they would repeal obamacare.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2017, 05:33:22 am »

That is the best option for a lot of people and forbidden under Obamacare.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2017, 05:43:33 am »
That is the best option for a lot of people and forbidden under Obamacare.
That's how Obamacare cost so many their insurance. I'd really like to seen the numbers on how many who weren't actually already covered by medicaid or some such got insurance vs how many who had insurance and lost theirs.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis