Author Topic: Nikki Haley: U.S. Won't Accept 'Watered Down Resolution' with 'Outlaw Regime' North Korea  (Read 308 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
In response to North Korea’s launching of an intercontinental ballistic missile, or ICBM, on Tuesday as America celebrated its Independence Day, U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Nikki Haley called for stronger measures to hold the DPRK accountable.

“North Korea's launch of an ICBM is a clear and sharp military escalation,” she said at an emergency meeting of the U.N. Security Council on Wednesday. "North Korea's destabilizing escalation is a threat to all nations."

"For many years, there have been millions of U.N. sanctions against North Korea, but they have been insufficient to get them to change their destructive course,” said Haley. “So in order to have an impact, in order to move North Korea off its military escalation, we must do more.”

Haley said that the U.S. “will not look exclusively at North Korea,” but also at “any country that chooses to do business with this outlaw regime.”

She added that the U.S. will not accept any “watered down resolution” with North Korea as its dictator Kim Jong Un continues his provocations...

Read more at: http://www.mrctv.org/blog/nikki-haley-us-wont-accept-watered-down-resolution-outlaw-regime-north-korea
The Republic is lost.

Offline Suppressed

"If you want to stand with North Korea, veto it!" --Nikki Haley

You go, girl!

+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Suppressed

Nikki Haley seems to be a great pick by Trump.  I liked her comments mainly directed at Russia at the end of the Security Council meeting today {See the video about 1:15:30}:

“I first wanted to tell my Russian friends that not only has the Secretary General said this was an ICBM, and the US has said this is an ICBM, North Korea has said this is an ICBM.  So if you need any sort of intelligence to let you know that the rest of the world sees this as an ICBM, I’m happy to provide it.

Secondly, in reference to being opposed to sanctions on North Korea, this council all knows we have done repeated resolutions, and nothing has happened.  If you are happy with North Korea’s actions, veto it.  If you want to be a friend to North Korea, veto it.  But if you see this as a threat, if you see this for what it is, which is North Korea showing its muscle, then you need to stand strong and vote with the international community to strengthen sanctions on North Korea.  And if you choose not to, we will go our own path.  But it makes no sense to not join together on this threat against North Korea. 

They have not had any care for Russia, or China, in this.  They have not listened to anything you’ve said.  They’re not going to listen to anything you say. And so it’s time that we all stand together and say “we will not put up with this action.” To sit there and oppose sanctions, or to sit there and go in defiance of a new resolution, means you’re holding the hands of Kim Jong-un.

Thank you.”

(Apologies for any typos or mistranscription...I did it myself.)

+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn