Author Topic: How to best deal with North Korea  (Read 2972 times)

Offline pjohns

How to best deal with North Korea
« on: July 04, 2017, 11:21:21 pm »
A few minutes ago, I heard, on the news, three proposals as to how to deal with North Korea, short of a full-fledged war.

In ascending order of aggression, they are as follows:

(1) Announce that any other country may have economic dealings--any economic dealings--with North Korea, or with the United States; but that it is quite impossible to deal with both--and enforce that, stringently.

This, or course, would doubtless entail our cutting all economic ties with China--which would leave some bureaucrats almost apoplectic--but it would certainly be okay with me.

(2) Shoot down any tested North Korean missile during its ascent stage.

(3) Put increased pressure upon China to rein in its client state, by announcing that we intend to sell nuclear missiles to Japan--China's arch-enemy--unless China stops the DPRK in its tracks.  And truly mean it. 

Personally, I would be fine with any of these...

Wingnut

Re: How to best deal with North Korea
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2017, 11:26:31 pm »
4.  Don't do a damned thing.  Ignore the little un.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2017, 12:02:49 am »
Shooting down the rocket would show that we have that capability. Then he can make changes to make it harder to shoot down.
We have the technology to shoot them down easily. There is no point telegraphing that.
Plus there is a lot to be said for people in that zone saying to us "Hey, this worries us" so we can respond "So do something about it".
Countdown to Resignation

Offline pjohns

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2017, 05:57:35 pm »
4.  Don't do a damned thing.  Ignore the little un.

Regrettably, this is just what has been done--or rather, not done--for many years now (encompassing both Democratic and Republican administrations).

And it has not worked especially well.

Particularly now that Little Kim can apparently reach the US mainland with his missiles--and has no apparent compunction to be restrained...

Wingnut

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2017, 07:09:25 pm »
Regrettably, this is just what has been done--or rather, not done--for many years now (encompassing both Democratic and Republican administrations).

And it has not worked especially well.

Particularly now that Little Kim can apparently reach the US mainland with his missiles--and has no apparent compunction to be restrained...

If he has one I say let him drop one in on Hollywood.  Say on the corner of 5th and vine or maybe on the Paramount Lot.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2017, 08:13:17 pm »
Good piece, @pjohns.  I value your opinions!

If he has one I say let him drop one in on Hollywood.  Say on the corner of 5th and vine or maybe on the Paramount Lot.

You bring up an interesting point, one raised by Michael "Jabba the Hutt" Moore right after 9/11:  Why did the Moslums attack NYC?  It's the best city in America for Liberals and Moslem malcontents.  The NORKS have a ways to go before they threaten anybody we give a hoot about.  (Tongue planted firmly in cheek here.)
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline pjohns

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2017, 11:32:18 pm »
Good piece, @pjohns.  I value your opinions!

You bring up an interesting point, one raised by Michael "Jabba the Hutt" Moore right after 9/11:  Why did the Moslums attack NYC?  It's the best city in America for Liberals and Moslem malcontents.  The NORKS have a ways to go before they threaten anybody we give a hoot about.  (Tongue planted firmly in cheek here.)

Good point.

The only reason that I can imagine is that it is emblematic of The Great Satan (since it is the largest city in America--and home to the statue of liberty). 

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2017, 11:46:43 pm »
Good point.

The only reason that I can imagine is that it is emblematic of The Great Satan (since it is the largest city in America--and home to the statue of liberty).

That and DeeCee.  Idiot Moore thinks Moslem priorities align with his.  They don't.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: