Author Topic: Somali Muslim Refugees Fight Efforts to Crack Down on FGM  (Read 827 times)

rangerrebew

Somali Muslim Refugees Fight Efforts to Crack Down on FGM
« on: July 04, 2017, 03:34:45 pm »
Somali Muslim Refugees Fight Efforts to Crack Down on FGM
July 4, 2017
Daniel Greenfield

After an investigation of Minnesota Muslims practicing FGM led to the exposure of an FGM Muslim network in Michigan that had been operating for a disturbingly long time, there's a renewed effort to crack down on the brutal rite.

The debate pits FGM victims against Somali Muslim settlers in Minnesota.

Opposition from some members of Minnesota’s immigrant and refugee communities is slowing the momentum of a bill that would impose stiff penalties for parents involved in cases of female genital mutilation.

Since the bill’s near-unanimous passage in the Minnesota House this week, some longtime critics of the ritual have met with senators, lobbied the governor’s office and handed out fliers — all to raise alarm about the legislation.

http://www.frontpagemag.com/point/266800/somali-muslim-refugees-fight-efforts-crack-down-daniel-greenfield
« Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 03:35:39 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Re: Somali Muslim Refugees Fight Efforts to Crack Down on FGM
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2017, 03:44:53 pm »
What a nasty and disgusting practice they've brought with them from Somalia.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2017, 04:08:22 pm »
Further proof that islam is a cult and not a religion.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2017, 04:10:01 pm »
Further proof that islam is a cult and not a religion.

Our medics in Mogadishu spent a good mount of time treating girls as young as 9 for infections related to this practice.  It ruins them for life if it doesn't outright kill them.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2017, 04:14:46 pm »
It's purpose is to remove females' desire for sex, therefore preventing them from cheating on their husbands. As a "bonus" it makes sex painful for the females. Just good ol' islam partying like it's 1399.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Wingnut

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2017, 05:04:59 pm »
Somali muslums are inbred mouthbreathers even other muslims refuse to interact with.   

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2017, 05:19:11 pm »
It's purpose is to remove females' desire for sex, therefore preventing them from cheating on their husbands. As a "bonus" it makes sex painful for the females. Just good ol' islam partying like it's 1399.

Making a small nick in the clitoral prepuce doesn't do anything of the sort.

Yes, there are various forms of FGM, and not all is removal of the clitoris or labia.  So you can't say that's the purpose of it..there are a variety of sociocultural factors.  Many cases of FGM are not as destructive as male genital mutilation that is far more commonly practiced.

The WHO classification:

Type I — Partial or total removal of the clitoris and/or the prepuce (clitoridectomy). When it is important to distinguish between the major variations of Type I mutilation, the following subdivisions are proposed:
     -Type Ia, removal of the clitoral hood or prepuce only;
     -Type Ib, removal of the clitoris with the prepuce.

Type II — Partial or total removal of the clitoris and the labia minora, with or without excision of the labia majora (excision). When it is important to distinguish between the major variations that have been documented, the following subdivisions are proposed:
     -Type IIa, removal of the labia minora only;
     -Type IIb, partial or total removal of the clitoris and the labia minora;
     -Type IIc, partial or total removal of the clitoris, the labia minora and the labia majora.

Type III — Narrowing of the vaginal orifice with creation of a covering seal by cutting and appositioning the labia minora and/or the labia majora, with or without excision of the clitoris (infibulation). When it is important to distinguish between variations in infibulations, the following subdivisions are proposed:
    - Type IIIa, removal and apposition of the labia minora;
     -Type IIIb, removal and apposition of the labia majora.

Type IV — All other harmful procedures to the female genitalia for non-medical purposes, for example: pricking, piercing, incising, scraping and cauterization.

Edited to add:   ALL of this, whether on male or female minors, is a violation of the minor's human rights.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 05:21:08 pm by Suppressed »
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline berdie

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2017, 09:25:11 pm »
Here's a thought..Somalis...find another country compatible with this practice. And go there.

See, that was easy. :laugh: :laugh:

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2017, 12:42:07 am »
@Suppressed the purpose behind it is to prevent satisfaction. Even a minor procedure in that area can have an effect on pleasure. I had a biopsy done on a lump on my panty line, for lack of a better description, and was told many times that sexual pleasure could be affected. Don't tell me that a nick is nothing, and don't pretend these barbarians are doing this based on your little scale.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2017, 12:52:18 am »
Seek out and DEPORT every Somali here who's had this done to their kids.

GET RID of them!   Aus!

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2017, 01:33:05 am »
@Suppressed the purpose behind it is to prevent satisfaction. Even a minor procedure in that area can have an effect on pleasure. I had a biopsy done on a lump on my panty line, for lack of a better description, and was told many times that sexual pleasure could be affected. Don't tell me that a nick is nothing, and don't pretend these barbarians are doing this based on your little scale.

I agree that it can.  I hope you're out fighting Male Genital Mutilation, too, which removes a lot more nerve endings than that nick.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2017, 02:05:55 am »
I agree that it can.  I hope you're out fighting Male Genital Mutilation, too, which removes a lot more nerve endings than that nick.
Yeah. Circumcision is brutal. They did it to me and I couldn't walk for a year...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis