Author Topic: The Latest: Russia, China seek halt of N Korea weapons tests  (Read 376 times)

rangerrebew

The Latest: Russia, China seek halt of N Korea weapons tests
The Associated Press

MOSCOW

The Latest on the Moscow talks between the presidents of China and Russia (all times local):

4:35 p.m.

Russia and China have proposed that North Korea declare a moratorium on nuclear and missile tests while the United States

Read more here: http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/national-politics/article159565444.html#storylink=cpy

Offline Mom MD

Re: The Latest: Russia, China seek halt of N Korea weapons tests
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2017, 03:00:08 pm »
Russia and China are playing both sides on this one. They would love to get the US to stop military testing and activities in the region while China is supplying and supporting NK through the back door.  If China really wanted Kim to stop, he would stop.
God is still in control

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Re: The Latest: Russia, China seek halt of N Korea weapons tests
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2017, 03:06:13 pm »
THAAD

Terminal High Altitude Area Defense (THAAD), formerly Theater High Altitude Area Defense, is a United States Army anti-ballistic missile defense system designed to shoot down short, medium, and intermediate range ballistic missiles in their terminal phase by intercepting with a hit-to-kill approach.[2][3] THAAD was developed after the experience of Iraq's Scud missile attacks during the Gulf War in 1991.[4] The THAAD interceptor carries no warhead, but relies on its kinetic energy of impact to destroy the incoming missile. A kinetic energy hit minimizes the risk of exploding conventional warhead ballistic missiles, and nuclear tipped ballistic missiles will not detonate upon a kinetic energy hit.

Wikipedia--https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terminal_High_Altitude_Area_Defense
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley