Author Topic: What can’t you take to Arlington National Cemetery on July 4? An American flag.  (Read 508 times)

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

The Washington Post
By T. Rees Shapiro
July 3 at 6:12 PM

Many Americans gathering to celebrate Independence Day will mark the holiday at Arlington National Cemetery. But for visitors feeling patriotic, there is one item that is banned on the hallowed grounds: a waving American flag.

Earl Granville, a retired Army staff sergeant and veterans advocate who lost his leg in a bombing in Afghanistan, said that he was surprised to learn about the obscure federal law that prohibits visitors from carrying an unfurled U.S. flag at the cemetery.

“There’s absolutely, positively nothing disrespectful whatsoever about carrying the colors to the cemetery where our fallen armed forces are buried,” Granville said.

The law — 38 U.S. Code § 2413 — emerged in 2006 when former U.S. Rep. Mike D. Rogers (R-Mich.) grew angry after watching mourners at a military burial face “chants and taunting and some of the most vile things I have ever heard,” Rogers told the Associated Press at the time.

(more)
https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/virginia-politics/what-cant-you-take-to-arlington-national-cemetery-on-july-4-an-american-flag/2017/07/03/b3a1241c-5fae-11e7-a4f7-af34fc1d9d39_story.html?utm_term=.449374fef8e8
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
*shrugs* ok so you can't go around waiving a full sized flag at ANC.

Doesn't seem like proper protocol since there is already a flag flying.

People are still free to take small flags in and place them next to the headstone of a loved one. 
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
*shrugs* ok so you can't go around waiving a full sized flag at ANC.

Doesn't seem like proper protocol since there is already a flag flying.

People are still free to take small flags in and place them next to the headstone of a loved one.

I seriously doubt that anyone will enforce this "law". The law was made to stop nutjobs like Westboro from disrupting funerals. I would have no problem bringing a flag. And I'm sure that the guards there are more likely to salute it than they are to confiscate it. I think this will be a 'selective enforcement' rule.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

I seriously doubt that anyone will enforce this "law". The law was made to stop nutjobs like Westboro from disrupting funerals. I would have no problem bringing a flag. And I'm sure that the guards there are more likely to salute it than they are to confiscate it. I think this will be a 'selective enforcement' rule.

You're right about that.

Having dealt with ANC they are more understanding than the story and the rule let on.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!