Author Topic: Feds Turn Burning Man Into a Police State, Announce Drug Tests for Attendees and Mass Spying  (Read 785 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Federal agents announced that they will be drug testing attendees who drive to this year's burning man, entirely innocent people could go to jail.

Music festivals have grown in popularity over the past several years, and to some extent, these events have provided a safe haven for people to party and enjoy themselves. However, these situations have naturally created a target for police who are seeking to generate revenue through drug arrests.....

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/drug-testing-burning-man/

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
The FBI claims the surveillance program is necessary to fight the “war on terror.”

Nice. The FBI ranks high on the list of terrorist organizations.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Nah. I find this very hard to believe. The whole idea of burning-man is booze, drugs, and getting naked. The point of it is anti-authoritarian, and in many ways, anti-government. No one wants the Feds showing up.

If this is true, which I seriously doubt, they might as well just shut the thing down.

What they may do is simply move it. Go ahead with the standard burning-man for the tourists and the Feds. But, have the real one somewhere else with a limited audience.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Should have known it was over when Grover Al Norquist started posting to twitter from there a few years ago.  :shrug:

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
these situations have naturally created a target for police who are seeking to generate revenue through drug arrests.....

After the financial meltdown many cities and counties invented novel methods to increase "revenue".  DUI's suddenly cost 3 times more than they used to, free parks became paid parks, cars and boats were being impounded more often, etc.

When you put people in a vice and start turning the screws bad things happen.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I think Grover has been there before.