Author Topic: History Channel Reveals the Secret Alien Nazi Story Behind Washington At Gettysburg  (Read 1188 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
I’ve long since given up on the “History” Channel. My friends, most of whom are, like me, avid amateur historians (one of my friends wrote a multi-page email to the curator of the D-Day Museum detailing the errors in the museum and giving numerous references for each discrepancy) are generally appalled at the fixation with the Third Reich and the promotion of some of the most outlandish theories imaginable (Knights Templar in North America? srsly?) and refer to it as the Myth-tery Channel.

Today, though, the History Channel might have hit a new low even for the dross it broadcasts......

http://www.redstate.com/streiff/2017/07/03/history-channel-gettysburg/

Offline Joe Wooten

The History Channel has been a pile of dog crap for over a decade. It used to be pretty good back until about 2006.

Offline berdie

I used to really, really want the History Channel. But by the time I got it...it was junk.

Wingnut

I used to really, really want the History Channel. But by the time I got it...it was junk.
yep.  Alternative history.  On a good day.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
The History Channel has been a pile of dog crap for over a decade. It used to be pretty good back until about 2006.

I don't have it anymore but AHC was a pretty good replacement for the history channel.

https://www.ahctv.com/

Offline Joe Wooten

I don't have it anymore but AHC was a pretty good replacement for the history channel.

https://www.ahctv.com/

Was.

AHC used to be the Military Channel, then was Discovery Wings before that. I liked it much better when it was Discovery Wings. AS AHC, it is falling into the "reality" show trap, and doing what the suits who bought it thin will get them that magical 25-35 demographic.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Was.

AHC used to be the Military Channel, then was Discovery Wings before that. I liked it much better when it was Discovery Wings. AS AHC, it is falling into the "reality" show trap, and doing what the suits who bought it thin will get them that magical 25-35 demographic.

Yeah I see they're now running a UFO series.

Personally I think the progression of these networks to trash is intentional. Another network will be created to run good shows but it will only be available on a higher tier cable plan. Its one of the things that is destroying NASCAR and a few other sports. They're spreading coverage across multiple networks that aren't available on basic cable.

When my dish network contract expires this fall I'm putting their ugly ass dish and the box that goes with it out by the road. I can get a combination of things like Sling TV, Amazon Prime, and Roku and watch anything I wish for a fraction of the cost.

The end is nigh for cable and satellite TV.

Offline SunkenCiv

• This is SunkenCiv.
  • I'm Junger than that now.
    • Gods, Graves, Glyphs (we're new)
At least their shows are entertaining.  If they followed the rest of broadcast TV, they'd have a dancing contest show using only costuming and dances appropriate to the powdered-wig era and before.

But what is going on with this?  There's no story at the link, at all, just a bunch of big graphical links to yet other stories.  WTF did the History Channel say, exactly?
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Gods, Graves, Glyphs forum (we're new) Darwin Central (posting as Ned Ludlam) my FR posts, SunkenCiv?, FR topic by nuconvert