Author Topic: China's Air Pollution Is So Bad It's Hitting Their Solar Energy Production  (Read 431 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
As a reminder, China is praised as a clean energy leader. LOL.

When it comes to solar power, no one does it bigger and better than China. In 2016 alone, it doubled its solar energy production and there are no signs of this slowing down anytime soon. Unfortunately for China, along with some other Asian countries jumping on the solar bandwagon, they are getting haunted by their own recent past.

A new study published in Environmental Science & Technology Letters has found that air pollution is cutting solar energy output by up to 25 percent in certain parts of the world, particular in the smoggy and dusty lands of China, India, and the Arabian Peninsula....

http://www.iflscience.com/environment/chinas-air-pollution-is-so-bad-its-hitting-their-solar-energy-production/

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
There used to be some really decent pictures of the Asian Brown Cloud out there. Showing all of SE Asia. They aren't on the Google search I just did. I can't figure out for the life of me why. Here is one anyway.

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley