Author Topic: Exclusive– Seniors Group Files FCC Complaint Against Very Fake News CNN  (Read 620 times)

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

Breitbart
by IAN MASON
30 Jun 2017

The Association of Mature American Citizens (AMAC), the leading conservative seniors’ organization in the country, filed a complaint with the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) Thursday over CNN’s reporting on Russian hacking.

In the light of hidden camera videos from James O’Keefe’s Project Veritas showing a CNN producer calling the narrative “bulls***,” and CNN Contributor Van Jones’s characterization of the Russia “collusion” story as a “nothing burger,” AMAC has brought a complaint under FCC regulations against the knowing broadcast of false information.

AMAC President Dan Weber, in a press release accompanying the filing of the complaint, said:

It became clear CNN personnel are violating FCC rules by ‘knowingly broadcasting false information.’ It is the FCC’s chartered duty to prevent broadcasters from knowingly airing false information, and that’s why I am filing a formal complaint with the agency.

(full story)
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/06/30/exclusive-seniors-group-files-fcc-complaint-against-very-fake-news-cnn/
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
CNN is not an over the air broadcaster.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist

That doesn't matter to progressives who would use the power of the state to silence those they disagree with.

Wingnut

My cell phone is not a land line and I still pay taxes and gov fee's like it was one.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
My cell phone is not a land line and I still pay taxes and gov fee's like it was one.

Unrelated. FED'S content rules apply to over the air broadcasters, not cable. The demo tried this with Fox during Obama's term and goto nowhere.

Wingnut

Unrelated. FED'S content rules apply to over the air broadcasters, not cable. The demo tried this with Fox during Obama's term and goto nowhere.

Oh well....  I tried to be cogent.

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
The way I understand it the group should have filed the complaint with the cable companies (Spectrum, Comcast, etc).  Since it is a subscription service the FCC doesn't have authority in these instances (it's not going out on public airwaves).

But then things get a bit sticky.  If an actual lawsuit grows out of this you could get into things like 1) people rent the box that receives the signal  2) news is defined as "serving the public good"   3) intentional deception.  Oddball notions such as Net Neutrality could even enter the picture.

Although I'd like to think that CNN could be forced to drop "News" from their network name I can't imagine it ever happening.  Still, forcing the issue raises public awareness and that's always a good thing.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
The way I understand it the group should have filed the complaint with the cable companies (Spectrum, Comcast, etc).  Since it is a subscription service the FCC doesn't have authority in these instances (it's not going out on public airwaves).

But then things get a bit sticky.  If an actual lawsuit grows out of this you could get into things like 1) people rent the box that receives the signal  2) news is defined as "serving the public good"   3) intentional deception.  Oddball notions such as Net Neutrality could even enter the picture.

Although I'd like to think that CNN could be forced to drop "News" from their network name I can't imagine it ever happening.  Still, forcing the issue raises public awareness and that's always a good thing.

Frankly I think they should all drop "news" from their titles aside from the hour or two of actual straight reporting they do every day. That's part of the problem. We have multiple 24 hour news networks with nothing new to report on for 23 hours per day so they pimp opinion as fact. And yes, that includes FOX news who are no different than MSNBC or CNN.