Author Topic: Happy Aphelion! Earth Is Farthest from the Sun Today [Earth quiz included]  (Read 625 times)

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

Space.com
By Mike Wall, Space.com Senior Writer
July 3, 2017 07:00am ET

Earth gets farther from the sun today (July 3) than it does at any other point during the year.

The moment of greatest separation, known as aphelion, comes at 4:11 p.m. EDT (2011 GMT) today, when Earth and the sun will be 94,505,901 miles (152,092,505 kilometers) apart.

On average, Earth lies 92,955,807 miles (149,597,870 km) from its star, a distance that has been designated 1 astronomical unit (AU). But the actual separation between the duo varies a bit over time, because Earth's orbital path is not perfectly circular.

(more/quiz at link)
https://www.space.com/37371-earth-farthest-from-sun-today-aphelion.html
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Space.com
By Mike Wall, Space.com Senior Writer
July 3, 2017 07:00am ET

Earth gets farther from the sun today (July 3) than it does at any other point during the year.

The moment of greatest separation, known as aphelion, comes at 4:11 p.m. EDT (2011 GMT) today, when Earth and the sun will be 94,505,901 miles (152,092,505 kilometers) apart.

On average, Earth lies 92,955,807 miles (149,597,870 km) from its star, a distance that has been designated 1 astronomical unit (AU). But the actual separation between the duo varies a bit over time, because Earth's orbital path is not perfectly circular.

(more/quiz at link)
https://www.space.com/37371-earth-farthest-from-sun-today-aphelion.html

Soooo...the further the Earth moves from the sun the hotter it gets in Arizona.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Soooo...the further the Earth moves from the sun the hotter it gets in Arizona.

Yeah, I know? I thought of that too. I can't explain it. Must have something to do with the tilt of the axis, and whatever the sun is currently doing.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer

Yeah, I know? I thought of that too. I can't explain it. Must have something to do with the tilt of the axis, and whatever the sun is currently doing.

Yeah, the tilt, the sun, the nefarious actions of @Cyber Liberty bringing hellfire down... :laugh:
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Yeah, the tilt, the sun, the nefarious actions of @Cyber Liberty bringing hellfire down... :laugh:

Don't make me come over there...
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: