Author Topic: Have You Ever Been a Victim of Road Rage?  (Read 397 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Have You Ever Been a Victim of Road Rage?
« on: July 02, 2017, 04:28:50 pm »
Have You Ever Been a Victim of Road Rage?
June 23, 2017 No Comments

A dramatic crash brought about by an instance of road rage in California made headlines today. The available video does not show what started the confrontation, but we do see a motorcyclist kick a car, which then swerves towards him. The cyclist is able to regain control of his vehicle before it hits the median, but the car’s driver loses control. He or she then crashes into the same median and then crosses over into the next lane and hits a truck, causing it to roll over. Reports do not detail the degree of injuries sustained, but it would be very surprising if there were none.

Many people live in a state of near-constant stress today and that spills over into their driving habits. Maybe they are late for work or fatigue, anxiety, and impatience are causing them to act irrationally. Whatever the case, losing your temper and acting out is one thing; doing it in a car or truck is much more worrisome and potentially deadly for anyone in the vicinity.

When we are caught up in the moment, it can become incredibly easy to forget the consequences of our action. What might seem like a simple reaction to a rebuke can lead to serious and even fatal injuries. The consequences can be truly tragic.

A disturbing survey by State Farm Canada revealed that one third of Canadian drivers admit to engaging in road rage at least once per month. If you spend a lot of time traveling in your car or are a regular commuter, that means you have no doubt found yourself in such a situation as either the giver or the receiver.

Continued: http://societyandreligion.com/ever-victim-road-rage/

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Re: Have You Ever Been a Victim of Road Rage?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2017, 06:46:28 pm »
I don't know if what is going on out on the freeway here is exactly road rage. There are some spots of road construction. People are not heeding the signs to merge to one lane. People are racing along trying to get a place up in line, running out of road, and trying to force their way in. So I don't think it is "rage". Deadly selfishness. There was one a couple of days ago. A trucker doing just that. Ran out of road, tried to force his way in, wiped out a car on his right, went back into the now oncoming lane and ran over a pickup and horse trailer. Killing the driver of the pickup and the horse. He has been charged with vehicular manslaughter.

The state police are begging for motorists to heed the signs and stop killing other people needlessly.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Wingnut

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2017, 06:51:25 pm »
I don't know if you can call bump drafting a few Smart car drivers going 45 in the left lane when the speed limit was 70 road rage..

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2017, 07:23:59 pm »
Yes. Mostly minor stuff, though a cabbie did almost try and run me over one time when I stepped in a crosswalk when I shouldn't have.

My favorite though was just last year going to work. Two lane road, flat, straight, and I'm on cruise control driving straight as a string. I even drive near the white line on that road because so many people come over the yellow, the road has a wide tractor shoulder to dive off on if need be.

So this young couple passes me and flips me the bird...twice. Must have been pretty snowflakey sensitive and full of themselves, because they obviously saw something about my driving that wasn't there. I just laughed at a couple of idiots. Had they pulled that 30 years ago here they would have been run off the road and had the crap beat out of them.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 07:51:25 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2017, 07:37:16 pm »
Nope.

I'm a pretty easy going driver. If someone is going too slow I might mutter to myself about them and pass them or back off till till they turn.

Offline RoosGirl

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2017, 07:42:10 pm »
I did once recently. Minor. There is a roundabout immediately after I leave work. I turn right at it--two lanes so people have the right of way to turn. Other drivers are supposed to keep to the inside lane as they traverse it.  So one day I roll up and turn. This guy to my left comes barrelling through, and instead of taking the inside lane gets right on my butt. Honking his horn and flashing his lights. Then he races around me, pulls right back in, slows down, and is wildly rocking his car. Then he stomps on it and races ahead.
As is the case often as not I catch up to him (driving the speed limit) right before the next light, beside him. As he turned his head to look at me I shot him right between the eyes with my finger. 
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2017, 10:23:02 pm »
Once. The guy got right on my 6, and wouldn't back off. I pulled out my flip phone and opened it part way and held it up so he could see the silhouette (side view). He pulled off fast. I think he thought I had a gun.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 10:24:03 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2017, 10:33:46 pm »
Had a Porsche try to cut me off while I was driving my old F150 farm truck with front cattle catcher.  He kept blowing his horn at me.  I stopped in front of him to let him see my NRA, Houston Rodeo and SW Ranchers decals, as well the dents on my truck up close.

He backed off.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 10:34:22 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington