Author Topic: Media Horrified After Trump Tweets Video Body-Slamming CNN  (Read 6630 times)

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
Re: Media Horrified After Trump Tweets Video Body-Slamming CNN
« Reply #50 on: July 02, 2017, 10:38:44 pm »
Anything that horrifies he media is good. I give this a +1.

Apparently you haven't picked up on the fact that they're baiting him. Why? Because they can.

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #51 on: July 02, 2017, 10:47:58 pm »

Are you saying I'm a Democrat supporter, @Right_in_Virginia ?

Not at all @CatherineofAragon   I'm simply saying, and it's my opinion, that I've come to believe you would applaud anything that supports your negative opinion of the President to prove your opinion is right.  So the GOP losing in 2018 would fit your objective.  And, I think your prognostications about 2018 are incorrect.   

That's all, nothing more and nothing less.   :shrug:

Offline ConservativeGranny

« Reply #52 on: July 02, 2017, 10:49:34 pm »
I would like to see Trump do more of this!

Me too! The more he does this kind of stuff the sooner we'll be rid of him.

Wingnut

« Reply #53 on: July 02, 2017, 10:53:27 pm »

You wish.  ****slapping

« Reply #54 on: July 02, 2017, 10:55:30 pm »

Methinks you're in for a LONG wait.   :laugh:

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #55 on: July 02, 2017, 10:56:39 pm »
Not at all @CatherineofAragon   I'm simply saying, and it's my opinion, that I've come to believe you would applaud anything that supports your negative opinion of the President to prove your opinion is right.  So the GOP losing in 2018 would fit your objective.  And, I think your prognostications about 2018 are incorrect.   

If the GOP was Conservative as they campaign themselves to be, we might actually give a flip.

But they aren't, so we don't.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #56 on: July 02, 2017, 10:57:20 pm »
It means he's making people sick of his crap, and they might or they might not.

They might just sit out the 2018 midterms as a silent protest. Will the Dems be energized enough to take advantage? It's not looking like it, not with Schumer and Pelosi as the party leaders.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #57 on: July 02, 2017, 11:00:18 pm »

As a now-Independent voter, thanks to the GOP for reneging on their promises in 2012, 2014, and 2016, it matters not in my view which side of the Uniparty wins a majority. I need to be able to vote for something, not just vote against the worst option.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

Silver Pines

« Reply #58 on: July 02, 2017, 11:06:51 pm »

@Right_in_Virginia

Right---in other words, a Democrat supporter.  Just wanted to get it straight.

Silver Pines

« Reply #59 on: July 02, 2017, 11:10:40 pm »

The creator of Trump's video is one Han#ssholeSolo from Reddit.  His reaction this morning:

"Holy s***!! I wake up and have my morning coffee and who retweets my s***post but the MAGA EMPORER himself!!! I am honored!!"

http://heavy.com/news/2017/07/hanassholesolo-reddit-donald-trump-wwe-video-memes/

Offline AllThatJazzZ

« Reply #60 on: July 02, 2017, 11:15:52 pm »

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #61 on: July 02, 2017, 11:17:31 pm »
As a now-Independent voter, thanks to the GOP for reneging on their promises in 2012, 2014, and 2016, it matters not in my view which side of the Uniparty wins a majority. I need to be able to vote for something, not just vote against the worst option.

I'm part of that club!

The atmosphere is so nice in that place - to actually vote FOR someone and their ideas rather than attempt to checkmate something worse.

Cheers Bro!  :beer:

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #62 on: July 02, 2017, 11:19:46 pm »
Apparently you haven't picked up on the fact that they're baiting him. Why? Because they can.

Yeah, no, I do understand. It is convenient. It is farcical. It is a fractured fairy tale in real life.

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #63 on: July 02, 2017, 11:24:01 pm »
I'm part of that club!

The atmosphere is so nice in that place - to actually vote FOR someone and their ideas rather than attempt to checkmate something worse.

Cheers Bro!  :beer:
888high58888 :beer:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

« Reply #64 on: July 02, 2017, 11:27:02 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia

Right---in other words, a Democrat supporter.  Just wanted to get it straight.

Please don't put words in my mouth @CatherineofAragon   I'm not saying you support democrats .  Many NTs are lifelong members of the GOPe and have never and probably will never actually vote for a democrat.

But NeverTrump Republicans will do anything to hurt and diminish the President.  If that means sitting out an election rather than voting for a Republican, which would help the President, I'd bet big money that NTs will do just that.  It isn't a leap of faith to expect NTs in 2018 to  (again) choose the category: "I won't help (and I'll hurt only by default)".

Democrats don't do this, Catherine. They play on the team with the captain they have.   

So, to be clear:  I am not saying in any shape, manner or form that you are one or support democrats.  From what I've witnessed, the NT tribe is much more devious than that.

Hope this clears up the confusion.   :beer:

« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 11:28:46 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline AllThatJazzZ

« Reply #65 on: July 02, 2017, 11:28:29 pm »
Yeah, no, I do understand. It is convenient. It is farcical. It is a fractured fairy tale in real life.

And it's helpful to our republic how?

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #66 on: July 02, 2017, 11:41:17 pm »
Please don't put words in my mouth @CatherineofAragon 

But NeverTrump Republicans will do anything to hurt and diminish the President. 

Hope this clears up the confusion. 
What did Republicans do? Any of them? This is between the president, his twitter habit, and the Media.
Not my monkey, not my circus. So please, if you have a gram of honesty in your soul, quit implicating the innocent and let the chips fall where they may.
Otherwise, the only confusion I see is on the part of those who are blaming, once again, people who had nothing to do with this mess.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #67 on: July 02, 2017, 11:44:14 pm »
And it's helpful to our republic how?

Focus.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #68 on: July 02, 2017, 11:48:47 pm »
But NeverTrump Republicans will do anything to hurt and diminish the President. 

Trump is doing a fine bang-up job of hurting and diminishing himself there toots.  Conservatives critical of him have done nowhere near the hurt and diminishment he heaps upon himself via his lack of self control via Twitters.

If that means sitting out an election rather than voting for a Republican, which would help the President, I'd bet big money that NTs will do just that. 

Good bet.  Bank on it.

Unless your party repeals ObamaCare root and branch there is absolutely no reason whatsoever to vote for anyone running in your party for office.

None.

They are as useless to advance a Conservative agenda as voting for a Democrat.

It isn't a leap of faith to expect NTs in 2018 to  (again) choose the category: "I won't help (and I'll hurt only by default)".

We will vote our consciences and principles once again and we don't give a flip whether or not it hurts your party.  Your party doesn't give a a flip that they don't help and only hurt us out here paying for their incompetence and go-along Statism.  In fact they told us to shut up or get out... remember?

Democrats don't do this, Catherine. They play on the team with the captain they have. 

We don't care. We're not Democrats hellbent on power and hellbent on control.  We have principles that are more important to uphold.

From what I've witnessed, the NT tribe is much more devious than that.

Which more than explains why you people see Principled Conservatives as your greater enemy to be destroyed.

Which puts you and your Democrat compatriots on the same side apparently.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #69 on: July 02, 2017, 11:49:24 pm »
Focus.
Old magician illusionist trick. Watch what the other hand is doing.

C S Lewis

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #70 on: July 02, 2017, 11:52:36 pm »

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #71 on: July 02, 2017, 11:55:33 pm »
What did Republicans do? Any of them? This is between the president, his twitter habit, and the Media.
Not my monkey, not my circus. So please, if you have a gram of honesty in your soul, quit implicating the innocent and let the chips fall where they may.
Otherwise, the only confusion I see is on the part of those who are blaming, once again, people who had nothing to do with this mess.

Here's the problem: bullying has replaced leadership in our Executive and Legislative Branches, and I don't mean just recently. Did it start with LBJ? I'm not a historian, though you can pick out points during our history where leadership was not to be found. A good book on the Great Depression, "The Forgotten Man" by Amity Schlaes, is a great read. The first 20 pages of the intro are chilling...just change a couple of names, and you could relate to Clinton, Obama, anyone you care to name.

My definition of leadership goes back to the Platoon Leaders Handbook: a leader is responsible for everything his unit does or fails to do.

My 15 YO son has heard that definition ad nauseum since February, when he was elected Senior Patrol Leader of his Boy Scout troop. There was no sympathy from me: he ran for that position, just like anyone running for office. When he complains about the 40+ new scouts in the troop, I tell him it's his job to show them the right way to do it, as well as training his six patrol leaders to be effective.

I'm not perfect, but it rankles me when I hear Trump, McConnell, Ryan, et al make excuses for not performing in the manner we expect them to. IMO McConnell is the worst, he flat out lied to us in 2014 and 2016. He never intended to repeal Obamacare, and lied through his teeth.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

« Reply #72 on: July 02, 2017, 11:59:01 pm »
Please don't put words in my mouth @CatherineofAragon   I'm not saying you support democrats .  Many NTs are lifelong members of the GOPe and have never and probably will never actually vote for a democrat.

But NeverTrump Republicans will do anything to hurt and diminish the President.  If that means sitting out an election rather than voting for a Republican, which would help the President, I'd bet big money that NTs will do just that.  It isn't a leap of faith to expect NTs in 2018 to  (again) choose the category: "I won't help (and I'll hurt only by default)".

So, to be clear:  I am not saying in any shape, manner or form that you are one or support democrats.  From what I've witnessed, the NT tribe is much more devious than that.

Hope this clears up the confusion.   :beer:

Here's a perfect example of the kind of disrespectful treatment those who refuse to drink the orange Kool-Aid were subjected to for the past couple of years. In spite of my decades of activism for true conservatism, I have been accused of some very ugly things. I've lost friends in real life. I've had my membership revoked at online venues. I've had people jump to conclusions regarding what my refusal to support Trump means without even engaging in an exchange of ideas.

Here's what never gets heard: We are conservative. We believe in conservative policies. We have played on the team with the captains we had. That is to say, we have voted for squishy conservatives for umpteen years with results ranging from limited to lousy. We desperately hoped for someone who embodied Constitutional conservatism to be our presidential candidate. Not to mention that we just naturally assumed it would be an adult. We got neither. After years and years of having our votes taken for granted (i.e., playing on the team with the captains we have), we were unwilling to support another squish. Trump stepped in and became the spectacle/savior (depending on your point of view) that he is, and the rest is history. And much of it is histrionics, proved by the very rough and insulting treatment those of us with years of conservative bona fides experienced.

Many of us came to terms with Trump's victory, taking a wait-and-see attitude. And it's possible that he could end up as a net plus after his term is over. But when he acts like an embarrassing schlub, we're going to speak up. That does NOT mean that we want a leftist in the White House, nor does it mean we'll be voting for progressives in elections to come. A little discernment on the part of the Trump fans is definitely in order. 

Offline AllThatJazzZ

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer